cl500 w215 2000 x air con only works on passenger side help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicola185

Car
mercedes cl500
Hi just had my air con re gassed, then i re set the fault thing below the tuner, now im only getting cold air from the passenger side and i dont think its as cold as it should be, it did work straight after the re gas that was two weeks ago but now it just doesn't seem right any ideas has anyone else had this problem?

Got the same issue with my 2005 220. Cooled air from passenger side and warmer as you move across the dash to the driver side. Be interested to see if anybody can pinpoint the possible issue.

So you don't have any fault codes on the Heater Control Panel?

Not sure what you mean by reset the fault thing below the tuner and I'm not sure if the following is applicable to all Mercedes models, but just a suggestion in case you haven't tried it. Another possibility is a faulty stepper motor... but that's a big job to replace them I believe.

To reset heater flaps and actuators

Switch on ignition.

Press recirculated air and defrost buttons on control panel together for longer than 5 seconds.

The LED's in the defrost and recirculated air buttons flash alternately.

Wait until the LED's stop flashing (approx 30 sec) system set to defrost LED on.

Switch off ignition.

After 40 sec re start engine.

I have the same issue as OP in that cool air is coming out of passenger side vents but gets progressively warmer from vents towards drivers side. Just tried the suggested procedure for reset, leds did flash but only for 5 secs and sadly no change in symptoms. Read another post saying could be 'duo valve may need replacing' - any idea what that may be? Do you think regas might sort it i.e. when gas is low does it start to show up by this imbalance symptom? Any advice welcome.

Hi on the cl500 w215 the under the command system there is the air con controls if you push the charcoal filter button and the rest button together for 5 seconds you get any faults (if there are any) in the display you can then re set and clear any faults by pressing the auto buttons in turn on and off, i had another look tonight at my ac display and there was an error it was Diag.kLA A under that was Error 1241 I don't have a clue what it means.....

So you don't have any fault codes on the Heater Control Panel?
*i had another look tonight at my ac display and there was an error it was Diag.kLA A under that was Error 1241 I don't have a clue what it means...

The 1241 fault code means that the gas has leak out after it was filled two weeks. ago.

Thanks for your replies,, the EC button has lit up which i understand means the air con is now disabled, does any one know of a place that's not over the top on cost to get it checked out around the Manchester area?

Duo valve may be at fault too

Overhead panel temperature sensor was faulty
All good now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom