CL500 W215 Door handle Auto opens but wont lock

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Goenry, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Goenry

Goenry Member

Car:
    CL500
    Hello!

I've finally taken my car in to have the Star Diagnostic done on the car and the little electronic gremlins now have a face! I'm trying to get the specific codes off the garage so will post it here as it arrives.

The door handle automatically opens the door, so the sensor works, but the button on the front that locks the car doesnt seem to work and essentially the garage recommends a replacement of the door handle, but i wondered if anyones had experience of this and whether there is something that could be done without having replace the door handle?

2. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S210 320cdi
    Yes, it is common, and usually a fault with the button as you have been told.

1 person likes this.
  3. C43AMG

C43AMG MB Club Veteran

Car:
    500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
    Yes i had that with my CL, new handle I'm afraid. Which i replaced and now i can close it on the button not open it. Olly found a wire that had broken in the door loom,also a common fault.

1 person likes this.
  4. ianc

ianc New Member

Car:
    CL500
    This happened mine. wiring connection onto the switch panel in door had come adrift. Pressed it home. Problem sorted.