CL500 W215 Flushing the oil from the engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello guys,

I am looking to do a Service B to my local good friend mechanic instead of the MB. Now the question is the following.

A couple of months ago I opened the engine oil tap to top up with 200gr of engine oil. I then noticed that the engine was not very clean (it has done about 120K miles) so I would like to flush the engine and clean all the old and greasy oil.

:rock:Mind you the engine bay is really really clean, they steam cleaned it when they repaired the aluminium oxidation around the car.

Has anyone done it before? I would not like to upset the electronics on the car :crazy:

Cheers
Vasilis.

Should be no need to flush just change oil and replace with a premium grade engine oil. Fully synthetic would probably be best but can cost upwards of £8 per litre. Make sure you warm the engine up before draining the old oil as this will help remove some of the old sludge etc. If you just intend to clean the engine exterior pressure washing should not cause any problems just dont aim the jet directly onto the electrics.

Last edited:
Simply drain the engine hot like has been suggested and do a normal oil change with the reccomended oil.

Personally I think oil flushing is a waste of time unless on very abused non regulalry serviced engines.

Dave!

Thank you guys for the responses, I will replace the oil with a premium oil. The car has been serviced all this time by MB and never missed a service.

The only reason, I wanted to clean the engine from inside, is because when I opened the oil tap, it is full around there with solid particled of oil, so I wondered how the engine might look like from more inside.

There is no need to clean the engine from the exterior as they only cleaned it 3 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom