Cl500 w215 What power steering pump to replace the dual abc/Power steering pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Immersive

Car
Cl500 & TVR tuscan
Hello, I am wondering if someone can help or has done similar to myself, After having removed the ABC suspension struts and replacing them with conventional struts I have obviously eradicated the need for the ABC system.

One of the ABC lines and also the ABC part of the dual abc/power steering pump has a leak so I would much rather just replace the pump for a normal power steering pump, for cost reasons and labour reasons...

My problem is I'm not sure which Mercedes power steering pump I can use to replace the ABC and power steering dual pump?

Has anyone done the same? Does anyone know what other Mercedes models power steering pumps can be used?

Last edited:
Your cl is based on a 220 chassis s class. I would imagine a pas pump from a 220 s class would be fine.
What about the rear abc struts? What about coding etc???

Sorry re read your original post.

Your cl is based on a 220 chassis s class. I would imagine a pas pump from a 220 s class would be fine.
What about the rear abc struts? What about coding etc???
I know it sacrilege removing the suspension but this is just really a second Car as a run around so I don't want to spend the whole vehicle value if not more just maintaining the suspension on a 80k mile car. I've got a suspension replacement from strutmasters and comes with a black box to remove any ABC dashboard warnings etc

Would anyone know if the mountings are likely to be the same so that a w220 pump would bolt straight on?

It's an m113 lump so you should have no issues in that respect.
Just out of curiosity how does it ride on a standard set up???

There's also a small plastic "plug in "reservoir associated with this pump not shown in that EBAY advert for that recon pump. Your best bet would be get a look /or photo under the bonnet of a W220 which would show you how it bolts to the timing case and the connections to the flexibles leading to the rack.Maybe someone on the forum who has a W220 could post a piccy???

Yes any further info would be much appreciated

It's an m113 lump so you should have no issues in that respect.
Just out of curiosity how does it ride on a standard set up???
I can't see much difference in the handling, There's hardly any more boating left to right In comparison with the ABC So driving in normal conditions i don't really notice anything and the ride seems pretty much the same. the only time you really notice it is when you go speed bumps it softer as the front and back bounces up and down more.

A full set of struts for the car costs around £1000. So if you're not too bothered about removing the ABC struts its a good Option knowing you're never have any suspension problems for the rest of the cars life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom