CL500(W215) Wont lock/unlock from remote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidannable

Car
2003 CL500
Hi

My CL500 wont lock or unlock from the remote & the keyless go has stoped working.

It will unlock with the emergency key and starts & runs fine, it will lock/unlock from the dash buttons.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried renewing the batteries in the fob?

No i haven't' the red light on the key fob flashes.

The switchs on the dash have now stopped working and the soft close has stopped working, i assume that is a different issue.

Thanks

Is your battery fully charged?

No i haven't' the red light on the key fob flashes.
The red LED on the fob will flash even when the batteries are almost exhausted. It's worth trying new ones just in case.

Do the indicators flash when you operate the remote? Have you tried unlocking using the IR on the remote?

Do you have a separate card for Keyless Go or is it in the fob?
_

Last edited:
The PSE pump has stopped working, i realise this is a separate issue, but the doors wonk lock at all now.

If i hold the key next to the door handle & press lock on the keyfob it beeps 3 times, i assume this is the alarm setting.

I have one keyfob and one keyless go card, the keyless go card has never opened the doors & keyfob has never worked keyless go.

I swapped the batteries from the keyfob to the keyless go card and this didn't make any difference. i assume both sets of batteries wont fail on the same day, although it is possible.

Will get some replacement batteries next week.

Just driven 250 miles so battery should be fully charged.

Thanks

Is your car alarm siren the original unit or was it replaced since the car was new?

Does your car alarm work properly, when intentionally triggered, will the siren sound for 30 seconds and will it flash the hazards for 3 minutes?

Dec

Just been outside and opened the door, the siren works and the hazards flash.

Can really leave it outside the house going off for 3 minutes. Can take it somewhere out of the way monday, to see if it goes off for 3 minutes.

I assume its the original mercedes siren.

Thanks

It will, or should, sound the siren for 30 seconds, the hazards should flash for 3 minutes.
There was a lad on here recently whose alarm worked fine but the siren sounded for 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

If it is the original siren then its now 12 years old, the all eventually give problems at that age.
Check any fuses related to the alarm (Anti-theft alarm) or central locking.

The alarm may or may not have anything to do with your faults but best to check it out properly as it is involved with locking.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom