CL500 w216 big dent

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Jockcl500, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Jockcl500

Jockcl500 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    Well it has been a strange week, I finally got round to replacing all the brakes on my CL500, so very pleased, drive to work on Tuesday parked in my usual spot and then a truck puts a big dent in the side of it. Brakes new.jpg Dent.jpg
    Now I'm stuck having to drive this until mine is fixed. s350.jpg

2. Atavus

Atavus Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S63 AMG Coupe
    Bit big for a loaner.

3. OP
    OP
    Jockcl500

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    yes S350d they are trying to milk the at fault insurance company it for all it's worth, first they offered me a 5ltr supercharged Jaguar but I knocked it back as I'm not a fan of jags, everyone said I was mad settling for an S class.

4. OP
    OP
    Jockcl500

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    Bit of an update.
    My insurance company wants to write it off as a cat N, they value the car at just under £7700 and say fixing it will cost £6100 which is strange as unless I have been dreaming, the bodyshop told me about £4280 +vat
    So my question is can you insist the car is repaired by the insurance so it doesn't get a catN write off?
    and also has anyone seen a 2008 CL500 for sale at £7700

5. DSM10000

DSM10000 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    You were not at fault so you should be put back in the same position as you were before.

The cost is not your issue, why are yuo insurance company involved in this and not the insurere of the truck that caused the damage?

6. OP
    OP
    Jockcl500

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    exactly what I though it should be repaired and the cost claimed back
    I was told the insured details accepting liability and to claim though my insurer, so all seemed fine non fault claiming them for everything, It could have been fixed by now but weeks later my insurer has done nothing, they have not started/authorised repairs and then come up with this crazy shit.

7. notsofast

notsofast Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS320Cdi
    So sad to see such a stunning car damaged. On the value of a CL500, my nephew tried to sell his CL500 last year. Mercedes-Benz CL 5.5 CL500 2007 (57 Reg) - NE Scotland It was listed in various places including a rather popular auction website. Also various buymycar type of organisations. Quite a few interests but the only hard cash offers were in the region of £6000. He declined and kept the car until he wrote it off by running it into a roundabout.......The insurance settled his outstanding payments less £1500 that he had to stump up.
    FWIW, the damage pictured looks very superficial but body parts for this car are horrendously expensive and hard to come by used. If it were my car and I wanted to keep it, I would try to discuss directly with the TP insurance company and see if you can get a settlement directly from them without writing the car off. Their goal is usually to settle their liability with the lowest possible cost to themselves. Then get the car repaired.

Jockcl500 likes this.
  8. DSM10000

DSM10000 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    Write to the insurer by recorded delivery (both yuors and the company that owns the truck), point out that the damage was not of your fault, liability has been admitted by the third party and you expect to be put in the same posiiton as before with your car repaired to an acceptable standard and at no financial loss to you. Have you been provided with a hire care? You could add to their costs by asking for one.

Record all conversations either telephone, email etc.

9. John

John MB Club Veteran

Car:
    I wish.
    Maybe they could have spent the money, which they are screwing over the third party for on an S Class, and instead spent the extra getting your car repaired.

You could also threaten them with an accident management type company.

10. Joderest

Joderest Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 ML270 Silver
    you have to consider.......
    The value given by the insurance company for repair is not just the parts and work on the vehicle. It will also include their admin charges, communications with other insurance company, disposal costs, and the big one, cost of courtesy car whilst its all being sorted out. If you consider the FULL cost of your courtesy car for a week, i bet its about £750. and then there are storage charges for your car whilst this is all worked on.
    Hence it really totals up the cost and then they write the vehicle off as uneconomical for them to repair.

11. OP
    OP
    Jockcl500

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    The courtesy car is an additional expense and doesn't have anything to do with the cost of the repair, only the value of the car to % cost of repair are relevant.
    Insurance company's are crazy they could have gave me a sensible car but, the car they gave me to use is about £220+vat per day, which I expect will amount to around 45 days by the time it's fixed, which a is a vast cost to the insurance company.

12. Riva811

Riva811 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CL500 Blueefficiency
    Get the money and buy it back from the insurance (for pennies) and fix it yourself. It will always be category N though.
    My dad did that with his old Jeep, the insurance wouldnt fix a tailight and a dented door so they gave him £850 and then sold him the car for a lot less. He fixed it at his local mechanic.

a111r likes this.
  13. optimusprime

optimusprime Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes W124 260E M103
    Keep refusing and kick the offers out till you both agree on finale settlement . Not your fault and. And you need a replacement being in the way of another car,, in the same condition as the car you had damaged before the moron hit it .Your not paying for his mistake make his insurance pay up /.