CL500 W216 Loose Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stonecold128

Car
CL500
I've just purchased a 2014 CL500 coming from a W221 S-Class and have noticed a problem with the driver's seat.

It appears to be a bit loose on the rail itself. The seat knocks back and forth slightly when accelerating or braking. When i got out of the car and shook the seat by hand, it does appear to be looser than it should.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this, or is this something they all do and i'm just being extra sensitive?

Am sure that there's a problem, should be rock solid in any car. Unfortunately no idea exactly how to fix it . Have you searched for a thread on similar problems or googled it?

Just took a short video, i have searched but most issues relate to the seat fitting to the rails, where as this seems to be a bit of play in the rail to rail.

Or its the expected amount of play? if i fully extend the seat to the end of the rail its' rock solid but obviously cannot drive like that!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just sitting in the car it's fairly solid and doesn't move, but under force it does.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom