CL55 AMG bodykit on a CL500?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratosurfer

Car
CL500
Hi

New owner of a 2000 CL500 and want to fit the CL55 AMG body kit comprising front and rear bumpers and side skirts because I really like the look, my car already has the AMG alloys fitted.

My question is will the CL55 AMG kit fit straight to the CL500 or is there a specific CL55 AMG 'style' kit for the CL500?

cheers

It will fit, but it won't be cheap, all those small clips soon mount up!

Hi, a full kit is nearly impossible to find unless you decide to buy brand new.

Will it fit ? Yes. Remember the front bumper mesh grilles will cost over £500 alone. It's cheaper to buy the CL55 AMG than it would be to upgrade existing bodywork. HTH

Thanks for the replies chaps

As it happens I have found a full kit in the right colour although I would have been prepared to paint, I have not seen it yet so I'll need to check it is complete with the mesh and lamps etc. The price quoted was £870 for the lot

These clips above mentioned, can I use the existing clips on my car or are they likely to break? Are they the push clip type? If it is I've got loads.

From what I can remember, the bumpers are bolted on. Torx.

A few guides are available on the US forums. Look through the w220 section and you should be able to find the information you need.

Kit, wow. A full kit very rarely becomes available. The price is not too bad as long as the grilles can be bought. Depending on which AMG kit you use (2 types, Kompressor and non Kompressor) you might need to change fog lights. Also rear bumper for Kompressor has wider cut out for quad exhausts compared to single cut outs for non Kompressor models. HTH

Thanks for that fellar. It wasn't specified if the kit is from a kompressor or not but I have quad tails anyway so it's all good.

Stratosurfer said:
Thanks for that fellar. It wasn't specified if the kit is from a kompressor or not but I have quad tails anyway so it's all good.

Great, are the exhausts original ? Reason being, the AMG tips sit "lower" than regular 500 tips. 500 with modded tips might not sit "right" in the exhaust cut out. I hope that makes sense. I'll try and find some pics. HTH

Yeah I totally get what you're saying. It's had a quad conversion so will just have to see how it sits. Currently there's about an inch clearance on its original bumper but the hangers could be extended to suit if it requires dropping further.

Hello!

How did you get on fitting the 55 kit? As far as i was aware the bumper mounts are different on the 55 to the 500.

I'm on the hunt for a cl500 AMG bumper if you happen to see one about. An unfortunate meeting with a Golf on a country lane means I've got some repair work to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom