CL55 Boot

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Bazza75, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Bazza75

Bazza75 New Member

Car:
    CL55 AMG
    Hi.

My 2002 CL55 has a problem with its boot. When i open it it's really heavy to open & the gas struts don't keep it open & when i close it the soft closure works except on the righthand front of the boot lid which is easily closed with a push. There's also a leak somewhere I've noticed after it rains ?

Any help much appreciated

Baz

2. alabbasi

alabbasi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Does the boot close with a push button? If not, then just get new gas struts. Thanks

3. OP
    OP
    Bazza75

Bazza75 New Member

Car:
    CL55 AMG
    Hi Al,

I don't know if it will close with a button, I'll try when I get in. a new set of struts wouldn't hurt any way.

BTW Where's the button you're on about ?

Cheers for your help.

Baz

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  4. Flyinspanner

Flyinspanner Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W215 CL500, W168 A-140.
    If the “leading edge” of the boot doesn’t sit flush with body it can point to a hinge problem.
    You could try lubrication /adjustment - worst case new hinges, Some do seem to suffer. Leak could be where the lid doesn’t seal against rubber at the lifted corner?
    Check in boot near side is where your PSE pump is and the CD and amp is located. If the materials are damp, strip out and dry area. Inc the well below. Water can ruin both ££££ - temp solution could be some plastic rain shield made to ensure no water drips on them.
    Check condition of boot seal, channels either side free of dirt/debris. Check rear screen seal, check rear lights sealed - by feel see if you can feel where water ingress occurs - esp with all rain forecast this weekend !

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  5. Jockcl500

Jockcl500 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    The electric open/close button should be on the drivers door and also on the boot lid next to the licence plate lights.