Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard33

Hi, I am needing a new rear o/s shock absorber for a 53 reg. Cl55K. Price I have been quoted is horrendous i.e. over £1,000 just for the part. Anyone
know where I might be able to source one cheaper. Many thanks. Richard.

What is wrong with the shock is it leaking.

I think you will struggle to find anywhere else to buy one other than merc as places like euro car parts and gsf dont supply them.

I have only been able to get them from main dealer the other way would be to get a second hand one but you cant be sure its a good one

You have got to bite the Bullet.

What is wrong with the shock is it leaking.

I think you will struggle to find anywhere else to buy one other than merc as places like euro car parts and gsf dont supply them.

I have only been able to get them from main dealer the other way would be to get a second hand one but you cant be sure its a good one
Thanks for the responses. The shock absorber is leaking. I have located some seconhand one's ranging in price from £300 to £550 but as my car has only done 21000 miles I think they are likely to have covered much higher mileages than mine and are therefore not a wise buy.

Are replacement parts cheaper to import direct from Germany. Is that an option ?

Thanks. Richard.

You have a £ 100,000.00 car which has only done 21,000 miles and you want to go second hand :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Don't buy second hand. Please don't. With the MB parts you get a 2 year warranty and they fit properly and work.

Low mileage and under 10 years old ! Get a MB warranty, Tier 1 should be possible. End of any further problems. And there will be more problems. Good luck

I agree with Olly.

I did lot of research before buying my ABC equipped S600 and everything and everyone pointed to new OEM rather than used.

In the present hunt for a car, if the miles and years are highish, and there is no history of ABC work done, I am factoring £££ into the equation/purchase price since they will go, sooner or later.

The fellow driving around in my old car should be laughing his head off since it had new ABC struts all round about two years ago.

Don't buy second hand. Please don't. With the MB parts you get a 2 year warranty and they fit properly and work.

Absolutely :thumb:

don't work that well if its only done 21k miles :rolleyes:, I would look into the link from jay as they give a lifetime guarantee..

I dought it, if it comes over to this side of the pond.

Had the same issue myself when it appeared that the rear strut on mine caused the ABC light to come on time and time again...... Had to bite the bullet and get new OEM parts fitted as I had trouble finding somewhere to fit second hand parts as well...

With the ABC system, everything has to be super clean as contaminants can affect and possibly fail the system altogether....

Would def recommend getting a MB extended warranty..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom