CL55. To buy or Not to buy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Actdaft

Car
CLK 230K, SLK 200K, BMW X5
I have an SLK and a CLK but fancy something with a bit more power. I have found a black CL55 with cream leather on an X plate full service and 92000 miles. Is there any fall backs or anything to avoid, its up for £8995, with original price of £78,000, opinions wanted please.:D

Lovely cars with lovely big repair bills if/when they go wrong.

'Only' a 500, but this looks to be good value.

I'd be too scared to buy one though.

I've had a CL600 biturbo for approx a year now and I love every thing about the car. Yes the repair bills would bring a tear to a glass eye but if you're in the market for this sort of car, you have to expect that. I've a very good warranty and while this wasn't cheap, it takes the risk out of potentially huge bills.
Things to look for are rust and the ABC pumps are known to fail and are an expensive fix.

For a few grand more you can get a much newer car with lower miles - Ive had a good look last few days and they are bargains but as my indie says put aside 50% of the buy price for repairs and if you dont need it your £ in but you may need it.

I am thinking of selling mine if your interested, black with black leather, full history 81K miles.

n if it is, I wouldn't worry about buying from them! :thumb:

Right Jay?

If I was in the market for a car, it's where I'd definitely have a gander :)

Who is the warranty with? Im always being asked for good aftermarket warranties.
Warranty is with Warranty Direct. It's not listed on their website but if you call them, they have what I think was called a prestige warranty. Covers pretty much everything but you do have to pay 10% of any claim. No restriction on who performs the repair, can be MB or any reputable garage.

Warranty is with Warranty Direct. It's not listed on their website but if you call them, they have what I think was called a prestige warranty. Covers pretty much everything but you do have to pay 10% of any claim. No restriction on who performs the repair, can be MB or any reputable garage.

Yes i have a WD on the CL and the S-Class. £750 each.

Very impressed, so far.

Condenser failed on the CL over £700 + Boot Struts £ 179 and just had the Door Mirror Motor on the S-Class replaced £279 and no inspection needed.

I have independent rates on the CL £60 ph and Dealership rates on the S-Class.

Great value for money, but make sure to check it out properly before parting with any money. Just remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom