CL55 to CL63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Kripling

Car
Phaeton W12, Porsche 911 2S
So,

I've had my CL55 for two years now, have put about 30,000 miles on the thing and despite a few big bills (ABC pump, brake lines and alternator) I'm really quite fond of the old lump.

That said, I'm beginning to think about whether to replace it and have been reading Autotrader late at night under my duvet. Currently, I've been looking at CL63s but mostly the ones with the naturally aspirated V8.

I haven't driven one yet but from a quick drive in an R230 SL63, I will confess that I was slightly underwhelmed by the M157 engine in a big, heavy car. While I'm sure it is more impressive once it gets going, at speeds below 70mph I missed the torque of the old M113K.

Basically, I'm wondering whether a NA CL63 would be enough of a step up from the CL55 or whether I should stretch myself a bit and get a biturbo one...

If there are any former C215 owners who subsequently moved on to a C216 I'd be interested to know what their thoughts were!

I'd be tempted by the 4.7 biturbo cl500 with some mods?

I second this, the 4.7tt 500 motor starts life at mid 400hp and you get a much newer car than going the AMG route.

If you want more power these comfortably map to over 500hp if that's your thing.

I don't think I'll go down the modified route that much, tbh.

What's the C216 like in terms of ride and refinement compared to the C215?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom