cl55 w215 boss amp help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3630stephen

Car
2001 cl55 amg
hi guys when i purchased the car i found i wasn't getting any sound so i got myself a fibre optic loop and traced the problem back to the amp, now i've noticed they can get a bit pricey on ebay but ive managed to find one at a reasonable price out of a 2001 clk that looks identical but has a different part number is this another main dealer gimmick or are they not compatible any help much appreciated the reason i'm asking is because if i check the parts catalogue it states that the amps flash memory must be checked prior to installation if this is the case ill just swap the whole lot for a bit of modern technology:devil:

If you said what year your car is I could give an answer.

The early CLs had d2b fiber optics, the later ones MOST.

Last edited:
Sometimes the on;y difference will be the way it is attached to the vehicle.

Only a quick suggestion, have you checked the cd changer in the left hand boot well. Had 2 last year with water damage, really common fault. Disables the fiber optics so the amp doesn't work. Everything appears to be there just no sound. If you are lucky can be repaired for 100.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info guys but to be honest i'm not gonna pay that sort of money for any replacement part on a dated radio system so i'm going to change the facia for the facelift model and fit a modern one with DAB and dvd and all sorts of witchcraft they do a copy of the facelift radio system that looks really cool

thanks for the info guys but to be honest i'm not gonna pay that sort of money for any replacement part on a dated radio system so i'm going to change the facia for the facelift model and fit a modern one with DAB and dvd and all sorts of witchcraft they do a copy of the facelift radio system that looks really cool

Hi, I looked into doing the same with my CL and took advise from Comand a very well respected company on the Forum that is a Forum trader.

They are made in China , which I'm sure your aware of, some of them work but the majority don't. As you say they do look good.

Just a heads up.

Hi, I looked into doing the same with my CL and took advise from Comand a very well respected company on the Forum that is a Forum trader.

They are made in China , which I'm sure your aware of, some of them work but the majority don't. As you say they do look good.

Just a heads up.

cool thanks for the heads up ill make sure i buy one from a uk reseller just to make sure my ass is covered

Good idea...it's what I have just done.

oh bugger i just noticed the buttons are different on top and i bet u the facelift ones won't work with my wiring :fail looks like i gotta cut, fibre glass and filler and hydro dip the facia but atleast i can fit a decent pioneer then

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom