CL600 (2003) no central locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
Any thoughts on loss of central locking and keyless go on 2003 (facelift bi-turbo CL600) - doors lock/unlock from buttons on dash, so maybe a signal problem??

Key starts car etc, but remotes don't lock the car and the keyless doesn't work either - when button is pressed dash says key not recognised

Before I head off to dealer - didn't know if this is a common issue or an expensive fix as I assume the system is pretty technical!

Thanks

Anybody have any clues?
not that I don't trust dealers - just like a second opinion

Hi,
If you have one have you tried the spare key?
It sounds like the car's keyless transmitters are all down, if there is one central control unit for the system it sounds like this maybe down, but not being very familiar with the system I think you need to get it plugged into STAR and see what codes are being brought up.

Thanks Andy
all keys (I have 3) are all the same - they start the car, but nothing else
STAR it is then I think

Had a similar problem on my 2001 CL500,
With mine I had to place the key middle top of the rear window (almost touching it) and operate the open or lock button this would then work. (i could lock the car at least.

The part was replaced under warranty so I'm afraid I don't know which part or the price of parts.

HTH

I believe there are several receivers but don't know if one is faulty if the whole lot stop working. You are probably going to need STAR to make a better diagnosis though

Had a similar problem on my 2001 CL500,
With mine I had to place the key middle top of the rear window (almost touching it) and operate the open or lock button this would then work. (i could lock the car at least.

The part was replaced under warranty so I'm afraid I don't know which part or the price of parts.

HTH
I'll try that, thanks

I believe there are several receivers but don't know if one is faulty if the whole lot stop working. You are probably going to need STAR to make a better diagnosis though
I wonder if it could be the "Rear SAM" as this is a code that I got from an Autel scanner (but I had no idea what a rear SAM is"!).......

The following is an explanation;-

A SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) functions much as a network router does on a computer or communications network. It monitors input from various switches, controls, monitoring devices, and warning systems. When you push a button on, for example, your dashboard, the signal goes through a SAM before the device you are controlling responds. If there is something wrong with the device you are trying to operate, you will likely then get a warning, delivered through the SAM to the CAN (Controller Area Network) bus. The CAN bus will send the error message to the "error screen" you mentioned (the Multifunction Display, beneath your speedometer), or elsewhere in the instrument cluster. You may also get messages indicating normal operation, such as "car rising" when you raise it by the Airmatic system.

These can be pricey so proper diagnostics would be required (as well as potential programming of any replacement)

That is useful because at least I know where to find it! and that means if it is the culprit I can get a part number form it as well........so if STAR confirms that is what is required, at least I can source one
Thanks

If you place your hand under the front of the drivers side rear seat cushion there is a small lever push to one side and lift the cushion and it should come away, underneath is a load of sound deadening, lift this and the rear module is located there.

HTH

Great, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom