CL600 for £6995!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
What do you guys make of this then?

Stonking value for money or stupidly complicated?

Not one for me...

CL600 V12

that's the starting price...I doubt it will sell for that.

I've seen this one before on eBay...it clearly doesn't have AMG styling, just the standard stock bumpers & skirts. He obviously doesn't have a clue about what he's selling! Numpty!

It is coming on 8 years old - but still a lovely car.

However, in this day with the current fuel crisis - it wouldn't be for me...

Looks like a 57 plate at a glance!!

If the price is right and you do few miles wow !!!

20mpg I guess would be ok on a run?

Wouldn't like any gremlins with the electrics though....

:)

Its an 8 year old car with over 100K miles and no mention of how many previous owners or service history... run away !!

it may suprise you, and sticking my neck out hugely here, as I have been following the used, large engined car market recently, that may not sell at that price, obviously he find his mug, but thats a lot of miles for a delicate generally trouble ridden car,

it may suprise you, and sticking my neck out hugely here, as I have been following the used, large engined car market recently, that may not sell at that price, obviously he find his mug, but thats a lot of miles for a delicate generally trouble ridden car,

I think your right Mark. Wouldn't be surprised i've there is precious little interest at all.

Its an 8 year old car with over 100K miles and no mention of how many previous owners or service history... run away !!

Says full MB history........

Directors car + credit crunch = get rid quick

Oil down to under $100 a barrell, so at 20mpg - on a run, could be a nice buy for someone..

CL's are notorious for things going wrong with them ( and when they do , it usually proves to be expensive ) ... regardless of FMBSH , stuff regularly packs up on these cars.

If you have no trouble with it , it could be the bargain buy of the century , but if something goes wrong , expect a big bill.

CL's are notorious for things going wrong with them ( and when they do , it usually proves to be expensive ) ... regardless of FMBSH , stuff regularly packs up on these cars.

If you have no trouble with it , it could be the bargain buy of the century , but if something goes wrong , expect a big bill.

like my W220, great while its going, not cheap when it isnt, crude prices have dropped, funny the forecourts have not reflected that, they will put it up the next day when it rises, heard on the news yesterday the government may intervine, currently down at $100 ish so you fuel money will go further, but oil is not an endless resource and it will run out, so it wont stay low forever so this will always be a thirsty expensive car

600's will actually fetch less than a 500 now..

The CL600 is a hugely expensive car to fix when things go wrong and also much more expensive to maintain.
On top of that, not many independents like to touch them.

Ive just sold one for £8600, a 2001 CL500 with 115 on the clock... this older 600 will therefore be worth less and as a private sale probably £2-3K less.

600's will actually fetch less than a 500 now..

The CL600 is a hugely expensive car to fix when things go wrong and also much more expensive to maintain.
On top of that, not many independents like to touch them.

so that will be "bargepole...touch....wouldn't" :D

Personally i think they are lovely cars but would not have one for the fear of the expensive issues that could arise....so I will stick with my old coupe

older big engined coupes are fine because they use common technologies..

the 600 V12 on both the S and CL is so complicated not just in terms of the engine but also other components.

Also there is just no physical room to do anything in the engine bay...

Also there is just no physical room to do anything in the engine bay...

Yup, this is an SL600 (taken at a GTG earlier in the year)

pic13.jpg

Exactly. I had a chat with a mate (MB service manager) as these CLs seem great value, he just said "Don't buy one, they're rubbish!". 'Nuff said.

Bill - thats the older guise, you should see the space in the later ones, same basic engine but much more coverings and clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom