CL600, new to Merc, and in with a bang!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fourscore

Car
2004 CL600, 2009 BMW 135i
Hi all,

So just took the plunge and bought a 2004 CL600..will be another couple of months before I pick it up as I work overseas but checked it out at the weekend in the UK and knew right away..Always loved them and it was just beautiful. Will post photos when I have it in my mitts..

Looking forward to nosing about on here and finding out the nitty gritty..

Morning fourscore - Welcome to the forum.

I know Woody and have seen his car. Last time I saw him (too long ago) He was like a dog with two - about his car.

CHEERS

Morning chaps, thanks very much to you both..Woody's sounds a positive experience! I did this pretty quickly, not quite an impulse but not that far off so hopefully Woody can give me the scoop on the big coupe.
Really though, once I sat in the seat I knew I had to have it..

Thanks Moff, I don't think I can part with mine, Dinan Stage 3, lots of BMW performance upgrades, exhaust, a Quaife LSD, not much from the outside but a full 400bhp madman now, they really are wonderful little cars aren't they? Retrimmed the BMW Performance seats in the terracotta colour alcantara that we sourced from BMW..lovely!

Thanks Woody,

Still loving your CL600?? (please say yes..)!

Hi, I have had just short of 70 cars, a****st my favourites are a 560 SEL and the CL 600 BT. 500bhp & 800nm of torque, whats not to like? I purchased it in July 2011 from a MB main dealer with 32K miles on the clock. In my ownership it has had a new alarm siren, aircon problem sorted, and a new power steering/ABC pump. All problems fixed under the tier 1 warranty. The 1st year included at point of sale, the 2nd year purchased by myself for £1380.60 the pump alone was roughly this price. Service history is a must, you will hear a lot of people with horror stories about how much this and that is to repair, true, its a complex car that has the ability to empty your pockets. Having said that you only hear about things that go wrong, reading about any car on any forum the majority of posts will be about what has gone wrong, and asking for help. For every post there will be thousands of members who have nothing to report because nothing has gone wrong with their particular vehicle. Over the time I have had it it has returned 20.1mpg, it has all one could wish for in the way of toys, is very comfortable (comfort seating) has an effortless turn of speed, seats four in comfort. There is also no sign of corrosion anywhere. The thing that says the most is that I still have it,the norm is 6 months What will be will be, enjoy driving something that not all that long ago cost nigh on £100K .

Hi Woody, Thank you very much indeed for all this info, a great help indeed. My one has done a lot more miles than yours, 69,000 but that alone didn't really give me too much cause for concern, it all looks clean, and history is MB only so hopefully no gremlins..It's an independent guy selling but with this many miles would an MB main dealer give me the same warranty that you have? Thanks again

Hi Woody, Thank you very much indeed for all this info, a great help indeed. My one has done a lot more miles than yours, 69,000 but that alone didn't really give me too much cause for concern, it all looks clean, and history is MB only so hopefully no gremlins..It's an independent guy selling but with this many miles would an MB main dealer give me the same warranty that you have? Thanks again

You may be in luck, I think the cutoff is 70k, if under 70 with mb history you should be able to get 12 months.
I will look up the number and post later.

You may be in luck, I think the cutoff is 70k, if under 70 with mb history you should be able to get 12 months.
I will look up the number and post later.

As promised- 0845 641 9765 (Mondail ) Mercedes. If you go online you can get a quote. Mondail
Do the warranty for approved used.By the way, sparkplugs should be changed every 4 years or ????miles whichever comes sooner. There are 24 plugs, main dealer will charge an arm and both legs. If left longer than 4 years they may be seized. check this has been done. Enjoy.

You are a star, many thanks Woody..I'll give them a call.

Hi,welcome to the forum:thumb:

Thanks very much, the wait is now much less, will be driving it by mid April, with a mini trip to Germany which should be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom