Cl600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... to buy, very, very expensive to repair

Just imagine buying that, then soon after it wants 2x coil packs and spark plugs.

Then the ABC struts go... MONEY pit but a dam nice car lol
I'm biased, had two.....neither of which were money pits - but I do know they can be
Lot of car for the money at that price I thibk

Honestly id love one, but the wife would kill me if i spent the car's value replacing bits lol. Awesome looking cars :)

I'm sure its a fantastic car, but the spectre of ABC and the coil packs would keep me awake at night.

SLs have ABC as well...yet no one seems to go over board about them when asked. :dk:

SLs have ABC as well...yet no one seems to go over board about them when asked. :dk:
agree with that - surely that would be as "fragile"??
Had no ABC issues on either of my 600's (maybe good luck) -but I know if pump goes its not arm and leg expensive. Its not cheap granted, but you won't have to sell a kidney!

I put them in the same class as the CL. Great cars but not for me. Aitmatic is bad enough but ABC:wallbash:

Brand new seller with no feedback. Car looks stunning but smells like a rat to me

People forget though, if cars like these were rock solid and pennies to maintain, you wouldn't be buying 60k mile 600 coupés for £5995. Even if you spent £5k on it in a year, at least you'd not lose much in depreciation :)

Use this to your advantage. Buy a nice example for a low price, and should the worst happen you've only paid the going price.

The most you can lose on a £6k car is £6k obviously - less any scrap value. No need to mention the depreciation on a newish one! :eek:

Coil packs would worry me, but all cars have their weaknesses, and as said - most SLs of this age have ABC and load of other potential cost issues.

No turbos, glow plugs, diesel injectors, DPF etc though like some cars out there.

The seller has another car on eBay as well: Mercedes E Class E240 Avantgarde 2004 | eBay The town location is the same, but the pictures weren't taken in the same place.

If I were after the CL, I'd get in contact and have a chat. It's been all but off the road since 2010, according to the MoT history, and I suspect it needs new rear tyres and front brake pads at least. The plate was on an SL60 back in 2010, which tends to support the statement that it is an ex-collectors car, as does the very low mileage covered since it was (probably) last sold in August 2010.

One worrying thing is that the mileage seems to have reduced by some 12,000 miles since its last MoT test, though that may be the seller's misprint.

What does the panel think would be a reasonable price for it, needing new rear tyres and front pads, but otherwise OK, with a year's MoT, and 80,000 miles done?

I'm tempted if it checks out, and I rather fancy trying a V12 for a while. I've asked the seller a few questions; we'll see what the responses are. It would be a whim purchase, just like my SL500 (and look how that turned out, you will say...), but definitely no deposit sight unseen!

Terry, if you read this, I might be putting money in your pocket quite soon...

Quick, nurse, my sensible pills! HURRY!!

Last edited:
Nice colour, what is the colour ,anyone know ?

Are they standard wheels, I thought they usually had a flatter faced design ,which imo ,look a lot better.

E55bof, how do you know its got an Mot & everything else is Ok apart from tyres & pads etc ?

Oh & I've bought all the sensible pills from a guy in Truro... hope they are not placebo's...

Last edited:
For some reason, the plate isn't showing up on the usual DVLA/MOT history sites.

All I would add, is that I know there can be some errors on those MOT history checks, especially when it comes to plate changes etc.

A friend of mine who had two CLKs (totally different models/years etc) swapped his plate onto the new car. The MOT history was showing some irregularities including mileage entries from his old vehicle.

Probably worth looking into with more detail - the MOT slips should have the correct VIN at least :)

I like that, unusual colour too. Designo?

Anyway, it's too big to fit in the garage. Fortunately.

Cheers,

Gaz

He joined ebay recently on 5th September, 0 feedback, milometer that runs backwards, erm big alarm bells ringing:eek:, I wonder what his other ebay profile feedback was like or how many he has:dk:

However just maybe it might checkout or someone going to get very burnt...oh and as petrol-heads we don't do sensible pills lol

The seller has another car on eBay as well: Mercedes E Class E240 Avantgarde 2004 | eBay The town location is the same, but the pictures weren't taken in the same place.

If I were after the CL, I'd get in contact and have a chat. It's been all but off the road since 2010, according to the MoT history, and I suspect it needs new rear tyres and front brake pads at least. The plate was on an SL60 back in 2010, which tends to support the statement that it is an ex-collectors car, as does the very low mileage covered since it was (probably) last sold in August 2010.

One worrying thing is that the mileage seems to have reduced by some 12,000 miles since its last MoT test, though that may be the seller's misprint.

What does the panel think would be a reasonable price for it, needing new rear tyres and front pads, but otherwise OK, with a year's MoT, and 80,000 miles done?

I'm tempted if it checks out, and I rather fancy trying a V12 for a while. I've asked the seller a few questions; we'll see what the responses are. It would be a whim purchase, just like my SL500 (and look how that turned out, you will say...), but definitely no deposit sight unseen!

Terry, if you read this, I might be putting money in your pocket quite soon...

Quick, nurse, my sensible pills! HURRY!!

Nice colour, what is the colour ,anyone know ?

Are they standard wheels, I thought they usually had a flatter faced design ,which imo ,look a lot better.

E55bof, how do you know its got an Mot & everything else is Ok apart from tyres & pads etc ?

Oh & I've bought all the sensible pills from a guy in Truro... hope they are not placebo's...

I had no trouble bringing up that reg on the DVLA MoT history check :dk:

I've asked the seller to confirm the mileage, but it having a private plate may have caused records to be inaccurate, so I've also asked when that plate was put on it.

It has no MoT at present; it's been on a SORN since 2014.

Advisories for the previous two MoTs, with very little mileage between them, were worn rear tyres and front pads; I suspect they've not been done yet. With so little mileage in the past six years, I would be very surprised if everything else was OK; the question is, what needs doing at what cost? Maybe nothing; probably something...

If there's a full service history, with MB service plan records that support whatever the mileage is (I'm betting 80K), and the history checks out with the servicing dealer(s), that would be a good confidence builder. I'd certainly not buy it without a new MoT, though.

Standing for 2 years would bother me & is it the same owner since then...wonder when the photo's were taken ?

PS I just tried the Mot/Gov site & had the same as DSB nothing for this plate with that car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom