CL600....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks nice though and should sell pretty cheaply if someone is prepared to spend on putting it right. Or are you thinking the necessary spend could be catastrophic?

It's a V12 with a twin turbo for under 4k, one should only be looking if prepared to spend some money in differed mtc. Otherwise, it might be safer to browse the Datsun Bluebird auctions.

You'd need to be pretty brave to buy that, with "some service receipts" as a service history. I'd love it, but I can't justify buying it, and I'm not brave enough anyway even if I could.

It 'sold' for £6300 earlier on eBay, but here it is again. Shill bidding, I suspect; no bidders' identities were shown, which always makes me suspicious, and there were two other bidders within £100 of the winning bid. You'd think a genuine seller would have made Second Chance offers...

I would, first order of the day is to get a parts car. I just bought a crash damaged S600 in order to help keep my S55 and CL65 should they need expensive bits.

Attachments

• S600.JPG
    S600.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 19
You'd need to be pretty brave to buy that, with "some service receipts" as a service history. I'd love it, but I can't justify buying it, and I'm not brave enough anyway even if I could.

It 'sold' for £6300 earlier on eBay, but here it is again. Shill bidding, I suspect; no bidders' identities were shown, which always makes me suspicious, and there were two other bidders within £100 of the winning bid. You'd think a genuine seller would have made Second Chance offers...
Second chances offers are a joke. My son has tried and failed to sell a couple of cars on ebay, both attracted poor ebayers where the winning bidder didn't pay up so my son went to the second highest bidder on both occasions. Both times the second bidders cheekily dropped their bids by several £100's.

Looks nice though and should sell pretty cheaply if someone is prepared to spend on putting it right. Or are you thinking the necessary spend could be catastrophic?

Having owned one I know they can be quite expensive to maintain and mine was a good one with full history

Them advisorys are very easy rectified, to me the biggest problem with it is the interior colour

It's not the advisories, it's the potentially hugely expensive problems that might be lurking in the near future that would put me off most, though the interior colour scheme is somewhat less than wonderful.

My favourite colour Almandine Black, as mentioned that is definitely a Marmite Interior though :eek:

I have the same color interior in my S55 but it does not look like the one in the picture. I think he might have dialed up the contrast in the photo editor or applied a filter.

Anyone think he is right when he says " HIS CAR WILL ONLY INCREASE IN VALUE "...maybe on some but not with patchy history &no mention of any "Real" work ie Suspension pump, Fluid change Bushes etc ?
Agree on the colour ...

And 145K?

Mine has fsh and only 56K but I've spent over £6K in the 3 years I've had her. Coil packs being the biggest expense, then fuel & air pumps.

Will I sell her? Not now! Nothing to match the sheer acceleration, once on the move.

Stuart

The seller is laying it on a bit thick but it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me at the current price. I'm guessing cat 5 stands for total loss. It would be nice to see how bad the car was hurt before it was repaired. My S55 was totaled due to hail damage and I have two parts cars that will donate sheet metal to fix it (when I can be bothered).
The problem with any V12 cars, whether a $500 XJS or $50000 Mercedes, you'll have to pay the same amount of money to the unfortunate person who has to fix it. In the first 2 months of owning my S55, I had to buy a radiator, expansion tank, a/c compressor 4 new accumulators, rebuild an abc hose,electric mirror on the drivers side and do an ABC flush twice. It was about $3000 just in parts.

Unless you're planning to do your own work, buy the best you can afford because nothing depreciates faster than new parts and labor.

I'm guessing cat 5 stands for total loss.

That would be Cat S - structural damage, previously known as Cat C. That would make for rather a different story to the "very minor bump on the rear bumper" they're claiming.

A total loss could mean the car was damaged in first year of ownership and owner declined a repair and requested a new car under some insurance policies. Friend in motor trade told me there is a term for this but I forget what it was.

So a car bought under these circumstances could be a good buy

Possibly, but this car is fifteen years old now. I don't think I'd take the chance...

Not commenting on the car, but I really like the photo effect used for the exterior shots, making it look like a super imposed model or toy.

I just really like that.

Interior is a bit much though......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom