cl600amg audio manual needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tombadino

Car
cl600amg 2000
Hi
New member today and would like some help please. Following the top gear prog the other week I bought myself the cl600amg (2000) All is well so far except the car did not come with an audio/sat nav manual or the cartridge holder for the cds. Anyone know where I can get hold of both?
Would really appreciate any help.
Regards
Steve

Have a play with the audio/satnav. Its not that complicated compared to the later versions and pretty intuitive. Do you have the navigation disc? If not it will be teleatlas dx type.
The CD magazines do crop up on ebay especially the german site.

I would have thought you could download the manual from the net somewhere if you type in the specific model number.

tombadino said:
Hi
New member today and would like some help please. Following the top gear prog the other week I bought myself the cl600amg (2000) All is well so far except the car did not come with an audio/sat nav manual or the cartridge holder for the cds. Anyone know where I can get hold of both?
Would really appreciate any help.
Regards
Steve

Hi Steve , welcome to the forum. On a year 2000 the w215 cl600 is a non-AMG vehicle. The manual for the comand system can be found online. I don't have a direct link at hand unfortunately but google should be able to sort that out. HTH.

Mercedes online manuals for manuals or try ebay if you want a hardcopy.

Mercedes cd changers from this era arent the most reliable, magazine may be missing as the changers not working.

Last edited:
Hi Steve , welcome to the forum. On a year 2000 the w215 cl600 is a non-AMG vehicle. The manual for the comand system can be found online. I don't have a direct link at hand unfortunately but google should be able to sort that out. HTH.
Hi
Thanks for the info. Actually the car is on a y plate (2001) and it is an AMG

Thanks for all your help. I downloaded the links and it seems perfect. Also ordered a cartridge from ebay.

p.s Stupid question from a new guy i know .but what does AMG signify and what are the main diffs from a standard car?

You might well be correct. The registration logs it just as a CL600 coupe.
It has AMG kit all over it , lower skirts etc and badges. Could this kit have been added on. I did not buy the car because of AMG but was quite happy when I saw it was ,even allowing for the fact I had no idea what it meant!

It has AMG kit all over it , lower skirts etc and badges. Could this kit have been added on. I did not buy the car because of AMG but was quite happy when I saw it was ,even allowing for the fact I had no idea what it meant!
ps the car is the V12 6 litre

tombadino said:

In my opinion the CL600 is the best CL to have. It's the most refined out of the range. Massive running costs scare alot of people away. Your car makes circa 400bhp and that's more than the CL55 AMG of the same year. If costs were not an issue I would definitely buy a CL600. HTH.

As for the kit, it most probably came from factory like that as an extra option. In the USA it was possible to buy a CL600 (same year as yours) with the AMG sport pack and this was known in the US as a CL600 AMG sport I believe. In the UK it was still a CL600 with or without any bodykit. HTH.

Thats really helpful, thanks. The car is in wonderful condition , just 1 owner and documents showing every £ spent on it since new plus of course service stamps etc. It looks in as new condition , no marks in or outside so I did take the chance to buy it having never owned a Merc. Paid 7k for it, seemed too good to miss out , just hope I have not bought a bummer . Done 1k miles in it and its just so great to drive, not a murmer is heard inside. Still working my way thru the hardback handbook. The only small problem is I have not been able to open the bonnet as the pull toggle in the grill is missing (unless im missing something in the hand book) And I know what yur thinking "" he bought it without looking at the engine" !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom