Cl65 amg up for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My point was based on the fact you can only do an MOT up to one month early.

If you are selling a car with 3 months MOT, you are going to have to wait 2 months before you can do it.

Each to their own but I would and did sell my last car with, I think, 1.5 months left in the end.

Otherwise I would have had to have forked out for that and the service because that was due at the same time.

My point was based on the fact you can only do an MOT up to one month early.

If you are selling a car with 3 months MOT, you are going to have to wait 2 months before you can do it.

Each to their own but I would and did sell my last car with, I think, 1.5 months left in the end.

Otherwise I would have had to have forked out for that and the service because that was due at the same time.

You can do an MOT whenever you want, and you will be given a fresh 1-year ticket.

If you wish to have the remainder added on as a courtesy, it can be done in the final month to give you up to 13 months remaining - no biggie.

The point still remains, an MOT is a very inexepensive way to provide some peace-of-mind to prospective buyers. They're all about £40 around my way, some places even do them FOC or reduced to as little as £25.00 (Kwik-Fit etc).

Hardly an expensive choice to make when selling £20k+ cars :)

If I can add my two pence, I think it all has to do with peace of mind as noted above.

While it does not cover everything, it is a tree-shake in that something may be turned up that is untoward.

It is like when I see "needs a regas" or "car sitting high but only £X to fix"...well, fix it then and remove that element from the buyers mind.

For something like a CL65 though I would have it down a main dealer and tell them to spend a day going over it - the thoughts of the money they could generate from repairs should encourage them to find everything that is wrong. If a seller would not agree to an inspection, then I'd walk.

I didn't know you could do an MOT whenever you wanted. Learn something new and all that.

Why are you still discussing it? the OP has stated he will put a 12 month ticket on it..

Is it against the law to discuss a topic in a thread on a forum which is exactly for that purpose then?

Why are you still discussing it? the OP has stated he will put a 12 month ticket on it..

Is the discussion now more on the appeal/persuasive value of a long MOT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom