CL65 AMG V12 Bi-Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the rough guide is about £39,000.

Alan

I think the rough guide is about £39,000.

Alan

For an SV.?
MG (factory, not dealer) told me I could've had one for about £50k when they were new, that's down from £72k.

I think they are pretty impressive, make a TVR look like a horse and cart.

For an SV.?
MG (factory, not dealer) told me I could've had one for about £50k when they were new, that's down from £72k.

I think they are pretty impressive, make a TVR look like a horse and cart.

But the SV does looks like a horse and cart..view from the rear!:rolleyes:

Thats a mega bargain, why not go for one of those instead of the new C63?

Hi ***,

I think that a 65 would be simply too powerful.
I'm still thinking a 63 might too powerful at the moment, and have been tempted by an Audi S5 :)

The CL65 AMG has the same engine as a Mustang?

I think he means the MG SVs.
Yup they have the SOHC 4.6 V8 Mustang engine :)

Darren

Hi ***,

I think that a 65 would be simply too powerful.
I'm still thinking a 63 might too powerful at the moment, and have been tempted by an Audi S5 :)

Darren

Don't get the S5, the 3.0Tdi is widely acclaimed to be the best of the A5 range. They are also set to bring out an RS5 so your S5 when the time comes will not be the one to have + you'll always wish you held out for the RS car.

What about a W211 500 and £30k in the bank? If I was after a powerful car that CL65 would get me thinking, but I'd have an S65 if I could get one. Prefer 5dr cars but Im in a minority.

If it's the A5, then it would have to be the V8 :devil: I've spoken to my local Audi dealer, and the chap wa saying an RS wouldn't be out for a couple of years, so (finances permitting) I could trade up to. Plus the A5 looks stunning. Their the reasons "for" the Audi.
"Against", the 3.0 TDi (I believe) has more torque??? :confused: Plus it's noticably slower than the AMGs. And it's not a Merc ;)

Back to the CL is question, it seems a great bargin. But aside from that much power, I live in Norfolk, and often travel down small country lanes. My parents have a 140 series CL, and that is HUGE, so I don't know if I'd be able to handle such a big car - then of course there's parking it in the city :)

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom