CL65 reversed into whilst at dealers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Went to pick the car up after they looked at the steering wheel buttons and door handle trim (got to take it back, awaiting parts) and they bring the car round to the front.

Bloke gets out, hands me the keys as some woman in a Focus reverses out of a space, does a massive U turn and revereses into the side of my car!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil:

She gets out and says 'oh, I didn't see that there' my reply 'really?'

Front alloy took the impact, and one scratch on it plus a grazed front wing which will polish out.

To top it all off Greenoaks tell me there is no problem with the steering wheel buttons, even after me showing them in the morning. Bloody useless!

Wish I never took it now, and just lived with the minor problems it has.

I dont know................ :(

:crazy:

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Did I read correctly that it was a woman driver? ;) ducks for cover

Maff said:
Went to pick the car up after they looked at the steering wheel buttons and door handle trim (got to take it back, awaiting parts) and they bring the car round to the front.

Bloke gets out, hands me the keys as some woman in a Focus reverses out of a space, does a massive U turn and revereses into the side of my car!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil:

She gets out and says 'oh, I didn't see that there' my reply 'really?'

Front alloy took the impact, and one scratch on it plus a grazed front wing which will polish out.

To top it all off Greenoaks tell me there is no problem with the steering wheel buttons, even after me showing them in the morning. Bloody useless!

Holy crap , sorry to hear that .... :(

Oh no! That's terrible.

I take it the driver has given you her details, with it being blatantly her fault?

As for Greenoaks, you have had your problems with them before, I am surprised you stilkl go there.

Yep, 18 or so year old woman who hardly spoke English, and was very reluctant to give me her insurance details.

Contemplating a new front alloy from her and an allignment check...

Maff said:
Yep, 18 or so year old woman who hardly spoke English, and was very reluctant to give me her insurance details.

What was she doing in greenoaks? :crazy:

Well at least it happened there, (where - hopefully - you'll get the dealer on your side), and not in the supermarket car park with no witnesses, like us mere mortals...

Not me yet, touch wood

PJ

Nnooooo :( Blimey Matt that is bad luck. :( She reverses into your car and then is reluctant to exchange insurance details :confused: WTF was that all about? :(

Hopefully it doesn't sound too bad but still a pain in the behind.

S.

Maff said:

surely the alloy must cost about as much as her focus ..

fuzzer said:
What was she doing in greenoaks? :crazy:

I saw them inside (her, her mother and grandmother) trying to buy an A-Class, or at least giving the salesman a hard time over a discount because Mercedes didn't do the colour they wanted?? :confused:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!

Had same happen to my car whilst at the dealers once - great big scratch down the bumper when I picked it up - of course, when I challenged them about it, they said it must have been there before ! No evidence, we didn't look round the car before I left it there, and it was my word against theirs, basically. At least you have witnesses.

S.

Mambo said:
Did I read correctly that it was a woman driver? ;) ducks for cover
Surely ducks wouldn't provide much cover :D
(More than her insurance maybe...?? :( )

Maff said:

Maybe it's my suspicious mind, but at that point it was running rapidly through scenarios of her not being insured to drive the car. Hope it all gets sorted.

Never been overly enamoured with either Newbury (although they are doing better) or Greenoaks Mercedes (our 2 nearest dealers). Somehow both the cars always seem to end up at Tony Purslows.

Maff said:
... Bloke gets out, hands me the keys as some woman in a Focus reverses out of a space, does a massive U turn and revereses into the side of my car!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil:

Nooooooooooooo... feel for you, what a complete pain.

I once took my Jetta GTI into a place to get some bodywork quoted for. In the rush to get out to make way for a Porsche trying to get into the garage I reversed out a bit too quick not noticing the low wall they had, the crunch came all too quick! I scraped my bumper & rear wheel arch on their wall :mad: so I know what you mean about living with minor problems.

Stupid cow - does she know what she drove into?

That alloy's TWICE as much as the Focus!!!!!!!!!!!

<Not mincing my words here.>

sorry to hear that matey.

i would get every blemish sorted thru insurance whether some bits will polish out or not. A claim is a claim to her as a customer so I would make sure it is perfect.

gutted for you

get her address and slap h...... sorry not productive :eek:

I would have just reversed the CL65 over her.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom