CL65 veering to the left

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BardLucyHume_XI

Car
2001 CL600 (W215)
I've just had my 2004 W215 CL65 ABC pump replaced, and on driving home from the MB garage, I notice the vehicle wants to pull to the left (a little) unless you actively keep the steering wheel straight.

The techs did point out a bulge on the front left tyre and suggested a replacement (I decided to wait) - does this sound likely to be the cause, or does anyone think I might have a more serious problem - and maybe one caused by the techs whilst replacing the ABC pump?

I'm sure the bulged tyre is nothing to do with the car pulling to the left, but I woud have that replaced ASAP.

Thanks - a quick scout around reveals I should get the bulged tyre replaced ASAP. I guess I should get the front 2 replaced at the same time?

Depends what the 'good' tyre is like. If it has plenty of tread then I wouldn't personally worry about replacing just the one (with same make & model of tyre).

A lot of cars do drift/pull slightly to the left; road camber can highlight this. But might be an idea to get the tracking/alignment checked.

Just had all my tyres replaced along with most of the front steering joints (130k miles) followed by tracking and guess what ... it still goes to the left if you let go of the steering wheel! Have had this on a few cars after racking up some miles and really can't get my head around it unless it is indicative of general wear/deterioration of other parts. Can't remember it doing it when I first had the car at 60k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom