CLA 180 AMG Line Carplay activation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bifftastic

Car
CLA 180 AMG Line
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding the potential activation of Apple Carplay on a vehicle I'm possibly about to buy.

It's a 68 plate CLA shooting brake AMG Line which does have two USB ports (one with the phone/tablet icon) but it doesn't currently have Carplay activated (spent time at the dealership trying to get it to work and the option never appeared on the screen).

So, I've been trawling the internet to find out if activation is possible and, so far, the answers have all turned out to be.....probably, at varying costs!
There's the doohickey in the slot by the brake option, which has warranty violation issues, potentially. Then there's the Comand Online option which could be either £400 or nearer to £800 depending on the actual details of the car (which I don't have yet).

So whilst a definitive answer would be lovely, I'm also looking for advice regarding the car's own navigation system (the main reason for wanting Carplay would be to carry on using the Waze app).

Is it any good? Does anyone hate it? Am I obsessing about Carplay too much and I probably won't miss using my phone at all?
Your advice is most welcome.
Thank you.

With regards Apple CarPlay activation, no one knows more than Comand UK, so go with what they tell you.

With regards navigation, the car will either have the entry-level Audio20 system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card (if this is the case then check with the dealer if the SD-Card is included, because it was an option), or COMAND with built-in navigation.

In either case, if you ensure that you have the TomTom Live Traffic service, the navigation will be OK. But you are quite right that Waze over Apple CarPlay is (arguably) still the better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom