CLA 220cdi AMG Sport - impressions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

effbee584

Car
Jag XF 3.0S and 10 yr old Micra 1.2 auto with Air Con.
effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7463-cla-front.jpg

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7462-cla-side.jpg

Good…

Car looks OK in the current MB style, seems to have excellent solid build quality, 3 rear seat belts, fuel efficiency, suspension very compliant on our bad roads, sound system seemed really good.

Not so good ……

Stop/Start – I know its on most new cars but on first acquaintance, not comfortable with it, apparently an EU regulation that it cannot be permanently turned off. The engine re-start came with a significant judder.

Mirror adjustment – either mirror is selected in normal way with switch (light comes on) and adjusted, however the selection is auto turned off (light off) after a short while, meaning a re-selection to further adjust.

Proximity sensors – at least I think that was made a double beep noise every time I passed a vehicle on the dual carriageway

Parking Sensors – There is an indicator that they are ‘activated’ below 20mph (I think), this means that it goes on and off constantly in town traffic. The car also came with ‘self parking’, perhaps this was why the light came on.

KPH indication – another real irritant, although its also on my car and apparently has been on all models for years. Dealer told me it was a UK import requirement. (Should have mine changed to outside temperature tomorrow)

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7467-park-sensor.jpg

Seating Not Occupied symbol – This came on every time I started up and drove away. Dealer suggested it was telling me that 3 of the remaining four seats were unoccupied!!!! And that if they had been occupied that the seat belts were not fastened.

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7466-3-people.jpg

Mirror reflection – the outer shiny air vent was clearly reflected in left and right mirrors.

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7465-reflection.jpg

Speedo, Tacho, fuel and and needles look like something from a kids toy, no design flair at all.

effbee584-albums-my-mercs-picture7464-instrument.jpg

Overall - I did not like the car, was more impressed by the Nissan Note (£11,750) we had as a loan car same week when our Micra was in for service. The CLA is now for sale at £34,999! Look at the CLS or E Class you can buy for that amount.

I saw this model at my local MB recently and I must say loved the look of the car so much so I asked the sales person for the keys to have a good look I must admit I like the outside better than the inside , the inside looks like the new A class ( which is not a bad thing ) visibility through the back window is a bit limiting but at the end of the day they will sell lots of these I think
It might even be my next merc :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom