CLA 250e hybrid - towing caravan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhendel86

Car
a
Hi, I am looking at possibly getting the CLA 250e petrol/electric hybrid coupe or shooting brake - but need to try find out if it is approved for towing caravans? I see on the specs it has a 1600kg braked towing capacity, but have heard i need to check if it type approved to tow a caravan. Does any know or how can i find out? Thanks

If its 1600kg towing capacity isn't that all you need to know?
If its not type approved it would be zero towing capacity.

If its 1600kg towing capacity isn't that all you need to know?
If its not type approved it would be zero towing capacity.

Yes, spot on.

Check that the specific model (body type, engine, even trim level) is approved though - don't assume that all 250es will be.

The specs say all cla250e having a towing capacity of 750/1600(2000 for saloon).Screenshot_20210311-151638_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Hi, I am looking at possibly getting the CLA 250e petrol/electric hybrid coupe or shooting brake - but need to try find out if it is approved for towing caravans? I see on the specs it has a 1600kg braked towing capacity, but have heard i need to check if it type approved to tow a caravan. Does any know or how can i find out? Thanks
If it’s a physical car then check the plate in the door shut for the approved towing weight, and if it’s a brand new car then ask the dealer to confirm the type approval in writing before ordering.

From time to time people join MBClub to ask what they can do because they expected the car would be type approved, but it isn’t - must be fitting when it’s one’s own oversight.

Which caravan will you be towing with it, and do you have plenty of experience towing? The reason being that the weight and towing weight of your car will be close to anything but the smallest caravans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom