CLA 45 AMG vs Tesla 3 Performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
I must admit, that CLA looks great in that trim/colour

There isnt that much difference to be honest, considering the Merc is a 4-Pot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I still think it's a case of not how quickly you get there but how you get there! Speed/acceleration for me is only part of the equation when it comes to actual enjoyment. So for me the Merc wins every time. Maybe it will be a generational thing, with younger people who have grown up with computer chips rather than carburettors getting more excited about the performance of EV's and more importantly how they deliver that performance? Just as i feel weak kneed looking at a nicely engineered crankshaft, maybe the younger generation will feel the same about a....box with wires sticking out of it? 🤭

I have to say the CLA put up a great show there. I would have thought that it would have been completely trounced by the Tesla.
Great job, Mercedes 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Is this a little clue as to Killers new motor? But, which one??? 🤔

:D

Is it a G63 or ML63?

No doubt someone will tweak the Tesla a bit and try it gain. Seems a tad unfair to compare a tweaked car vs. a stock one tbh. even if the remp was only £800. I doubt MB would look kindly on it come warranty claim time would they?

I'd not want to be the third or fourth owner of the A45. 490 bhp from two litres? You just know it's going to be thrashed, and that much power from that small an engine does not suggest longevity and reliability are considerations.

I'd not want to be the third or fourth owner of the A45. 490 bhp from two litres? You just know it's going to be thrashed, and that much power from that small an engine does not suggest longevity and reliability are considerations.
I've read elsewhere that they go through turbos in no time at all. Not the most reliable model out there.

Merc looks and sounds nicer but it is a truly pointless comparison.
:)

From a 4pot 2L, that is impressive, but longevity (of key components) is not something I would hold out hope for.
Funny, but about half of that from my ' noobed' Saab 2L was both impressive and adequate only a few years ago

My 2.3 Aero was also Noobtuned. I thought it was fast until I bought my first E55...

Well it is a no contest,I was behind a Tesla 3 at a large roundabout we are both looking for a break in the traffic,it comes I see the Tesla move I check the gap and go no sign of the Tesla my passenger went woo,thats gone,I missed it by checking the gap was still there that Tesla just took off.all that said I would still not buy one.

Hi , I had a quick look at a Tesla parked near our house.

No doubt about the brand performance but the seats looked plastic and what happens when the screen fails ?

Body gaps that are inconsistent and I cannot stand those skinny tyres !

At present they have the infrastructure sown up but I won't buy one

Nobody's mentioned the elephant in the room yet, either.

Drive both fifty miles cars to the drag strip starting with full tank/battery; do the full-bore drag runs; drive away to where you started from.

Drive both cars fifty miles to the drag strip as before; do the full-bore drag runs ten times; drive the Mercedes away to where it started from, drive the Tesla to a recharging point 'cos there's not much left in the battery...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom