CLA Engine Temp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart9877

Car
CLA 200D
Hi all,

Forgive me if this is someting that has already been answered but I wanted to pose a question to you all,

I have a 2016 CLA 200D. The usual settled engine temp in my CLA is around 90 degrees. However recently over the last 2 weeks I've noticed the engine temp show some strange behaviour. It gets to around 80 degrees with no issues but then drops to around 70 degrees, then slowly goes back to 80 and drops again to 70. It does this a couple of time and then finally settles at it's normal operating temp.

I've had the car for 18 months and not noticed it doing this before. Can anyone advise if this is normal ? Is it driven by the fact it's been warmer the last few weeks ?

This does not sound normal at all. I’ve had fluctuating temps before when the car needed a new thermostat.

Once it was changed to a new one it went to 87 (3.0 CDI) and stayed there without any movement.

With the warmer weather it should be getting up to temperature even quicker if anything. I would advise you look in that direction once circumstances allow (thermostat stuck partially open).

100% it needs a thermostat.

Thanks guys,

Again silly question but given I can't get it changed at the moment and it does get to temp eventually I'm assuming it's not going to do any harm to keep driving it ?

It wont do any harm at all short term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom