CLA Shooting Brake Confirmed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz's design chief Gordon Wagener has confirmed a fourth member to join the A-Class lineup.

The A-Class hatchback and CLA four-door coupe are available on sale and will be joined later this year by the GLA crossover. The family will gain a fourth member in the form of a Shooting Brake variant which most likely will be launched in 2014.

In an interview given to What Car? Wagener revealed plans of working on an estate version of the CLA. In addition, he declined rumors of a sportier A-Class model (soft-top or small coupe) by saying “we don’t need a sports car, the market is declining.

Renderings of what it could look like:

1934583888651566906.jpg

3915463981059049202.jpg

I SO like that car!!

Optional 4Matic - wonder if we'll get that in RHD??? A shooting brake with that could be oh so tempting when time comes to change my S204.

Looks really good. My only reservation would be interior space - I find my W204 estate borderline on cramped and the CLA SB will probably be similar, if not smaller still.

I do like it.
Currently considering CLS as a potential replacement for E coupe, but if they release the CLA estate, and it looks like this, then this might be on the cards.

redbaron said:
Looks far better as an estate than it does as a saloon.

Shame it is fwd.

If they do the CLA45 it will be 4WD albeit Haldex

Seriously good looking car!

If the improvement in headroom in the CLS Shooting Brake is anything to go by this will be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom