CLA45S Shooting Brake Break In Period

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikew23

Car
CLA45s Shooting Brake
Hi Everyone, first post here so apologies in advance if this is considered the wrong place for this type of query.

I'm due to pick up my brand new CLA45S Shooting Brake in June and it's looking like I'm going to have to pick it up from a dealer about 500 miles from home. I'm well aware of the typical break in period rules, no full loading of the engine, max 4500rpm, max 85mph, comfort mode (welp) for the first 1000 miles.

Something I haven't seen specifically for AMGs but have seen suggested for other cars is to limit the use of cruise control, as this keeps the engine at a constant RPM which can prevent the engine from efficiently breaking in. Naturally as my first drive will be a 500 mile motorway journey home, I'd quite like to use cruise control. So does anyone have any advice, experience or tips around this subject?

Any other general tips or advice on how to treat a brand new AMG would be appreciated as well, thanks!

Congratulations on your new car. It will almost be run in by the time you get it home.

No specific advice, I would perhaps only using cruise control in free moving speed camera controlled stretches of motorway.

Could you take a diversion through more scenic A roads for part of the journey, to keep it interesting and vary the speed?

Welcome to the site. I hope that you will share some photos when you get it :cool:

Congratulations on your new car. It will almost be run in by the time you get it home.

No specific advice, I would perhaps only using cruise control in free moving speed camera controlled stretches of motorway.

Could you take a diversion through more scenic A roads for part of the journey, to keep it interesting and vary the speed?
Thank you.

My intention was a 8-9 hour drive home on the motorway, however another option could be making it a 2 day trip with a overnight stop somewhere and taking in the best A roads across the length of the country? Wouldn’t be a bad way to get used to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom