Claiming on Tier 1 warranty - typical authorisation time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
Coming up to 6 weeks of CLS ownership and some teething problems on my car.

I took it to the main dealer who I purchased from who read some diagnostic codes and performed a very thorough "vehicle health check". A few items need to be fixed.

One of the more pressing items is a broken rear spring (possibly could be argued to be wear and tear, however car is 40k miles and only 4.5 years old). There are some other bits which are more clear cut and definitely aren't wear and tear.

Anyway, for all of the problems found the dealer is going to submit a warranty claim under the Tier 1 warranty but must wait for approval from head office before they can commence the work.

Anyone have any experience of how long approval typically takes? The next 3 weekends I have some nice trips and things planned out in the car and don't fancy driving 100's of miles with a broken spring (and some other mechanical issues).

Should add - I did ask how long the approval decision would take but they said they couldn't give any firm timescale.

Had several things fixed during the early weeks with the CL, no problem at all, fixed there and then.

Thanks - wonder if things have changed and authorisation got trickier for dealers.

There are a few jobs listed, some of which they probably won't have the parts in stock plus there will be quite a bit of labour, more than a day.

Anyway, I'll chase if I don't hear from them tomorrow.

normally should be there and then unless it is a major problem

Thanks - wonder if things have changed and authorisation got trickier for dealers.

There are a few jobs listed, some of which they probably won't have the parts in stock plus there will be quite a bit of labour, more than a day.

Anyway, I'll chase if I don't hear from them tomorrow.

I first purchased the CL in July last year. I had problems with the aircon. Drove to the dealers, after inspection they said it need this that and the other, ordered the parts,picked up the car when the parts arrived and delivered it back the following day. Have had nothing but good service from MB Ayr.

spring is deff covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom