Clamping: the other viewpiont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst I don't condone the action of putting nails under the tyres, blow outs are mostly caused by the owner abusing their own tyres either through mounting kerbs, or hitting them whilst parking badly, or by driving badly over speed humps. Occasionally, a blow out is caused by hitting large debris.

Blowouts are usually caused by sidewall damage resulting in instant, complete tyre collapse, not tread punctures.

Ye Gods!! another tyre expert....the first 'winter trye' thread strated today, could you pop over there and give em a hand ;)

Nasty person that I am usually place a nail or two under the tyres
I've had that done to me when parked legally and considerately (i.e. not obstructing anyone's driveway) on a side road near a railway station.

I've had that done to me when parked legally and considerately (i.e. not obstructing anyone's driveway) on a side road near a railway station.

Probably kids. Little sihts let my tyres down once overnight in a hotel car park in Manchester.

We have designated parking, for ten houses so its 20 spaces, its on private land, all properly road marked as as "Private Road" and each space marked "Private" but we often lose our parking spaces to inconsiderate dog owners that use it as we are close to some water meadows, its a good area for walking dogs. There have been many confrontations with these people and neighbours, but what I find difficult to understand is how nasty and abusive these people can get when they are politely informed its private. We have even requested their address so we can go and park on their drive. A common response is "well its not being used", I got a spare bedroom that isnt used but doesnt mean its free for anybody else to use. Its got to the stage where we just seem to tolerate it, its not right but its not worth getting worked up, you also got to remember they know where we live.

What about rise and fall bollards at the entrance with a remote control given to each resident. Each remote can have its own signature to detect abuse if needs be.

What about rise and fall bollards at the entrance with a remote control given to each resident. Each remote can have its own signature to detect abuse if needs be.

Its a really good idea but I dont think all ten house owners could agree on costs and how would the electric be paid, also two of the houses are rented so they wouldnt be interested.

Its a really good idea but I dont think all ten house owners could agree on costs and how would the electric be paid, also two of the houses are rented so they wouldnt be interested.

Plus it would probably require an intercom system to each house for visitors/delivery drivers/etc. And then there's the ongoing maintenance costs.

Blow-out on the motorway on the way home? Collateral damage as they hit other cars when out of control?

I won't say what I think of your actions on a public forum.

Yes you are correct I should act my age and not my shoe size, never thought of it that way, will desist from my tatics.

But have to say this I have been driving for over 45 years and I have never surffered a blowout, sure they happen but should not on a well maintained car with decent tyres and correct pressures.

At the end of the day I am the victim and it really is time we punished the offender, I should be able to clamp him if he is in my owned space and charge him what ever the going rate is for his/her release.

How would one feel if when one returns from work and someone has decided to park there car up your drive way, it is exactly the same thing.
Lew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom