Clarkson Threat to Quit TG...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
he won't come up here cos he's not 'ard enough :D

Oh please let him go to that graveyard in the Sky...:)

I think it is probably worth remembering that TG is the biggest export, ie moneyspinner, that the Beeb has ever had so it could be argued they're worth the money.

Doctor Who makes more in a series worldwide through merchandising and other media than top gear makes.

although i agree with the sentiment.

Oh and finally, I speak from experience before anybody says anything- I was born in Salford and spent the greater part of my life living around the Greater Manchester area. It's bloody grim up north, well certainly parts of it are, some of it's very nice!

Have you lived in London? Probably around half of the areas in and around London make Salford look like paradise itself and there are dozens of estates dotted all over the place that have significantly higher levels of knife and gun crime than up north.

I can't think of a single redeeming feature about Shepherd's Bush where the main BBC centre is - a complete dump.

He isn't exactly well loved around these parts.

Along with Chris Moyles, I find them both tossers that try and appeal to the lowest denominators...
I remember Clarkson slagging off Tom Cruise to Mark Wahlberg, yet when Cruise came on Top Gear he was like a little puppy dog! :rolleyes:

I hate Chris Moyles and Radio 1. I hate everything about the pair of them. Radio 1 causes me to feel like not eating....its that bad

I suppose Clarkson IS Top Gear. Love him or hate him, the show is what it is because of him. James May is quietly amusing in an eccentric way, and Richard Hammond is inoffensive but dull, so its JC and his personality that give the show humour/amusement/shock factor etc. And that's why we watch it, and why it makes so much cash for the BBC.

I've also spent a lot of time in Salford too, and I know exactly what he means. I'd prefer to be in a London ****hole than one in Manchester anyday.

All big cities have lovely areas and ****ty areas that we would not want to live in. Unfortunately that's the rub of a large populous in a small area.

There is no perfect big city if you scratch the surface.

All big cities have lovely areas and ****ty areas that we would not want to live in. Unfortunately that's the rub of a large populous in a small area.

There is no perfect big city if you scratch the surface.

Just to add to this, even if you are in a lovely part of the city, you are never too far from a **** bit.

For example, Hyndland, nice part of town, 30mins walk, Maryhill, not so nice. Bearsden, lovely, Drumchaple, well, not quite so pleasant....

Bet the property money goes a bit further outside of London too!?

I am okay with them staying down south.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom