Clarkson Threat to Quit TG...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Replace him and all the rest with Jason Plato and that fit German bird from the Nurburgring ring !!

After his attempt at a chat show sank like the Titanic he'd be well advised to go where the BBC ask him to and keep his gravy train running.

I think guest presenters would be great along with a two anchors.

Amazing how there is always a controversial blab about 3 episodes in. If he went I am sure that Ch4 or ITV or Sky would have him in a flash and quite possibly pay more...

You and me both. He is a northerner, anyway, from Doncaster..

He isn't exactly well loved around these parts.

Along with Chris Moyles, I find them both tossers that try and appeal to the lowest denominators...
I remember Clarkson slagging off Tom Cruise to Mark Wahlberg, yet when Cruise came on Top Gear he was like a little puppy dog! :rolleyes:

i think Jeremy Clarkson is now just a parody of himself as a young presenter.

Bye Jezza. Off to the crusher with you.

Edit.

But! Thank you for great shows over the years. Its now time to let the show move on.
Perhaps the BBC can get "scrappage allowance" on him.

Last edited:
Replace him and all the rest with Jason Plato and that fit German bird from the Nurburgring ring !!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm. No.

I recall Plato doing a review of a BMW for 5thG that was the most boring piece of television I have ever watched.

Sabine OTOH would my vote to join the team though May might object to letting her loose on the 'ring.

Presumably the move would be on the basis of programme economics, perhaps then they could save on the extravagant trips to film items instead, would he prefer that :D

It just cracks me up to read some of the idiotic comments about Clarkson and crew on the MSN website.

He and the show are described as "Marmite television" and that I agree with- if you don't like it don't watch the bloody thing. The complaints about the stunts and the fact that they're tearing around in supercars that bear no relation to what the average man drives misses the point of what TG has become and why it is so popular. It is there for entertainment pure and simple, if you want to watch informative television about everyday cars then watch 5th gear or even better TG re-runs circa 1986 with William Woolard or Noel Edmunds and his dodgy knitwear.

With regard to his not inconsiderable salary and that of his cohorts, I think it is probably worth remembering that TG is the biggest export, ie moneyspinner, that the Beeb has ever had so it could be argued they're worth the money.

Finally, there seems to be a trend developing here because it was two weeks ago that Carlos Tevez was in the Argentinian press saying what a $hit-hole Manchester is. I agree with the pair of them. There are parts of Manchester and particularly Salford which are horrible. In particular, opposite Salford Quays, you've got one of the most violent estates (Ordsall) in the whole of the two cities. I could imagine that if TG moves to the Quays, reports of high value car-jacking will go through the roof. Maybe Clarkson would feel better if the Beeb moved to Alderley edge or Wilmslow but I suspect his main gripe is that he can fall out of bed where he currently lives and be at work.

Oh and finally, I speak from experience before anybody says anything- I was born in Salford and spent the greater part of my life living around the Greater Manchester area. It's bloody grim up north, well certainly parts of it are, some of it's very nice!

I suspect his main gripe is that he can fall out of bed where he currently lives and be at work.

I don't think that's the case. JC lives in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire (although recent reports of marital disharmony have him living in a flat in London) and the current TG test track is in Dunsfold, Surrey, between Guildford and Horsham.

OK, Manchester is further away but the existing location isn't exactly on his doorstep.

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom