Clarkson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone will jump on him regardless of what he does....and no i do not agree with drink driving!

Tony.

Perhaps the title to this thread should read:

Clarkson demonstrates yet again why his TV programme is syndicated worldwide by making others do his advertising for him.

He got the president of Argentina doing everything she can to ensure his viewing figures are, yet again, at the top. Now we have a self appointed authority on drink drive doing exactly the same.

Not to mention you and, er, me.

The bloke is a genius.

Speaking as someone afflicted with the same problem, he's not the most visually impressive chap in the world:

But TV companies buy his programme knowing full well that, despite the high price, it will ensure high viewing figures and so they can charge a lot more for advertising.

This quote from the OP's link sums it up for me.

"Clarkson is the greatest wind up merchant of his generation. And everybody bit. Top work, Jeremy... :)"

Notice how half the article is still going on about Argentina... The media just scratching around for something to generate views, clicks and shares.

There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

I admire the way he manipulated the publicity machine, 350,000,000 viewers worldwide for a tired old programme about cars is pretty impressive.

There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

I admire the way he manipulated the publicity machine, 350,000,000 viewers worldwide for a tired old programme about cars is pretty impressive.

Nail on head.

Note the only way Doncaster's finest can attract publicity these days is by either being racist or just irritating.

The man's an arrogant ****!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

I met the bloke a few years ago at the TG track (hence the picture). He was very friendly, self deprecating and approachable. I know a one-off meet is not enough to judge someone by, but I have to say that he was nothing like his persona on TG.

He took an interest in the technical side, making suggestions that others would, on one occasion at least, reject.

I was editing a car club magazine at the time, mentioned it and he asked me to drop a copy into his car.

I'd still take Clarkson over Corrie, Emmerdale, Eastenders, Strictly, X Factor, BGT, Hollyoaks, I'm a Celebrity, Big Brother, TOWIE, etc., etc.

fantastic bloke... wish I had his job...

And his bank account…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom