Clarkson's Farm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The latest in the planning saga:

I absolutely agree with the council's spokesperson that "We understand people may not agree with decisions taken by the council but there is no place for threatening or abusive behaviour", and such is to be roundly condemned as unacceptable.

I would also say that WODC do seem to be conducting some sort of planning vendetta against Clarkson, and perhaps if their decisions were more transparent and logical, then no-one would be minded to subject them to abuse or threats?
Never watched it.

There aren't going to be any more. or Grand Tour, after his Megham Markle comments unfortunately.

There aren't going to be any more. or Grand Tour, after his Megham Markle comments unfortunately.

Very convenient that the Markle "storm in a teacup" and all the associated publicity came out just before his second series of CF , then there was Amazon being rumored to be dropping him due to his "inappropriate" comments about Megan , however it generated that much revenue stream for Geff that the "inappropriate" comment seems to have been overlooked when $$$ is in the mix.

FWIW, we both found CF entertaining and are looking forward to S3.

K

Very convenient that the Markle "storm in a teacup" and all the associated publicity came out just before his second series of CF , then there was Amazon being rumored to be dropping him due to his "inappropriate" comments about Megan , however it generated that much revenue stream for Geff that the "inappropriate" comment seems to have been overlooked when $$$ is in the mix.

But that was also before South Park did its thing.

But that was also before South Park did its thing.
I frequent a quite US-centric motorcycle forum and while I doubt the participants are a totally representative sample of American society, the general view (supported by a number of articles I've read in American publications) is that Harry & Megan's "we're poor disadvantaged victims" schtick has worn thin to the point where many Americans would rather never hear anything from them or of them ever again.

By contrast, Clarkson's Farm has received almost universal plaudits - especially from those in engaged in agriculture - as having done more to alert the general public to the precarious existence of many UK farmers together with the bureaucratic obstacles that are a brake on innovation for so many in the UK, than any other broadcast. As well as being informative, it also has the advantage of being genuinely entertaining, which is something Clarkson when he so chooses is actually rather good at.

It's good 'entertainment' but if you want the real facts about farming, food production, and the insanity of government policy, watch 'Harry's Farm'. An offshoot of Harry Metcalf's 'Harry's Garage' and full of information that normally does not get reported by the media. His attention to detail coupled with clear explanation of the effects of some of these decisions is very revealing. Search him out on Youtube and watch the complete series of videos ........

It's good 'entertainment' but if you want the real facts about farming, food production, and the insanity of government policy, watch 'Harry's Farm'. An offshoot of Harry Metcalf's 'Harry's Garage' and full of information that normally does not get reported by the media. His attention to detail coupled with clear explanation of the effects of some of these decisions is very revealing. Search him out on Youtube and watch the complete series of videos ........
Highly recommended. Since i have moved to the country i've been following Hsrry's Farm as Bryan said very informative as is Harry's Garage,the same attention to detail 👍 :)

Amazon have commissioned a third series of Clarkson's Farm.

I hadn't heard that, quite the U turn but I'm pleased :)

S3 has just finished being filmed.
As for S4 . . . .Well Amazon are most likely not going to go ahead . . .it's not written in stone yet, but, what's the betting another broadcaster takes it on if Amazon do decide to finally cut and run?
C4 or C5 maybe
Good for farming
Good for viewing figures
Clarkson still pulls in the punters

It's worth noting that the series have been applauded as the best thing to happen for farming in years.
The programmes are seen to highlight just how hard it is to just keep up with DEFRA and local councils
Most farmers who own their own spreads have at least one and sometimes two other jobs.
Subsidies are reducing by 20% each year, to disappear by 2025.
These subsidies are holding food prices down, without them, or something similar, a number of farms will go to the wall and we will have to pay the real price for our food.
Supermarket bread at £2.50 - £3.00 a loaf, 'artisan' bread up to £6.00 a loaf?
Eggs £4+ for half a dozen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom