Clarkson's Farm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Anyone watching it on Amazon Prime? We watched the first episode last week and have decided to ration ourselves and not binge-watch the rest of the 8-part series as it would be a real shame not to savour it.

It's Clarkson at his best: imparting interesting information in an entertaining way while appearing to be a complete ar$e. And all done in conjunction with a cast of genuinely interesting characters around him - Kaleb is a complete natural who could easily turn into a 21st-century Fred Dibnah.

Well worth a watch, imo.

Yes Phil, we've watched E1
TBH, we felt that it was archetypal Clarkson, but the good bits were separated by too many boring bits.
No1 son has watched as far as E5 and suggests that it does improve, so, we will probably press on in hope

Binge watched the whole series, its been announced today that its one of the most successful series on prime and has been given the green light for series two.

I’ve got one episode to watch and I’m finding it very informative. Although I wonder if Clarkson’s attitude would be different if he didn’t have an eight figure bank balance behind him.
Having said that it’s good entertainment and the red tape around such ventures is eye opening

I’ve got one episode to watch and I’m finding it very informative. Although I wonder if Clarkson’s attitude would be different if he didn’t have an eight figure bank balance behind him.
Having said that it’s good entertainment and the red tape around such ventures is eye opening

An eight figure bank balance an Amazon effectively funding the whole enterprise

I must admit to watching episodes 2 to 8 in one sitting.

Clarkson plays to his audience in some ways as we have seen from previous appearances but I also got the very real impression that he genuinely cares about the farm, the livestock and the people helping him.

I don't think he was faking being upset when he had to take the three sheep to the abbatoir. He is a character but not an actor.

JC bought that farm years ago so I guess it has at least been breaking even for those years...then he gets properly involved spends waaay too much of his own money on stuff he does not really need..sheep mainly, and makes an entertaining show out of it and no one get's hurt.

Obviously he can take silly financial risks because of his personal wealth but does not hide the real facts of farming UK style in 2021. We all watch knowing full well that he does not need the money the farm might make.

Watched it all. Hilarious. Kaleb is great as is Gerald.

One of the funniest parts is the last few minutes of the last show. What Kaleb says when Clarkson ponders the options! Even Clarkson roars with laughter.

I don't care if it is largely staged - it's very entertaining. Kaleb is the perfect foil and Cheerful Charlie is a hoot!

I've watched it and loved it. Typical Clarkson with the over exaggeration and staging, but I still found it entertaining and almost felt sorry for him.

Anyone watching it on Amazon Prime? We watched the first episode last week and have decided to ration ourselves and not binge-watch the rest of the 8-part series as it would be a real shame not to savour it.

It's Clarkson at his best: imparting interesting information in an entertaining way while appearing to be a complete ar$e. And all done in conjunction with a cast of genuinely interesting characters around him - Kaleb is a complete natural who could easily turn into a 21st-century Fred Dibnah.

Well worth a watch, imo.
We binged it. Thoroughly entertaining.

This is Clarkson at his very best.
a complete oaf, but he knows exactly what the viewers want and gives it to them in spades.
all of the others, especially Kaleb seem to be really nice and interesting characters.
Yes, I binge watched it, and yes, it was as good and entertaining as any of the Grand Tour programmes.

Well worth a watch, imo.
Looking forward to giving this a go. Cheers for the heads up Phil. 👍

The Guardian reviewer hated it - with a delightful display of anti-Clarkson prejudice.

So sadly that meant I had to take a look.

It's rather too contrived - just like .... TG and TGT.

But despite that it's actually rather more informative and even poignant than a prejudiced Guardian reviewer would ever realise.

I think they'll probably try for a second series .... and I suspect that they will struggle for content.

Absolutely loved it. Hoping for a season 2!

Have a friend (yes, really!) who knew Jeremy back in the day in Doncaster ... said he was an obnoxious tw*t but was too big for anyone to argue with. He was also extremely street savvy.

Fwiw, his view now is that he has learned to temper his bumptiousness with humour ... and to great effect.

I buy all his books and think he's great btw. We can't get Amazon ... that is to say Mrs Swotty refuses to have that and Netflix etc ... she watches "Yorkshire Farm" or some such title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom