Classic Car Policy recimmendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cornershop

Car
560 SEC, e320 Coupe, Audi S8 D2, 87 Porsche 911
Folks,

Appears I may have found a suitable c124. Who is recommended for classic car policies in Mercedes land? Key constraint is that the car won't be garaged but parked on a drive.

Thanks

You might try Adrian Flux - have been insured with them for years and their prices have been very good. Just have to keep your eye on their admin which is pretty poor. No idea what they are like in the event of having to make a claim.

I've had my 968 insured through ClassicLine for years, with agreed value - and policy automatically includes full breakdown and recovery EU wide! Has to be a second car, driveway parking OK, no idea what they're like re claims as haven't had one (touch wood). Also in the event of insurance write-off, choice of 70% of agreed value plus the wreck, or 100% of agreed value and they get the wreck.

Update time - classic line wouldn't insure me, mainly as they don't consider the e320 as a classic car! Adrian Flux couldn't provide a quote <1k

Swinton came out as the only company so far that would insure me on a classic policy without a garage

I also enquired with Locktons who cover my 1987 911 - they apply NCD even to their classic policies, and as there will be some overlap with the car the NCD is currently assigned too, I've had to go with a zero NCD, which worked out the same as Swintons. I'll transfer the 10yrs NCD from the other car once it's sold.

Really good cover with Locktons - eg no penalty for choosing my own bodyshop, 4 additional drivers at no extra, European breakdown cover, salvage retention rights

I use Peter James for my Stag, it hasn't got to be in a garage and you get European breakdown ect. I live in a semi rural (boring but the wife likes it) area though and my policy with agreed value and unlimited mileage was less than £100 last year.

All down to post code I guess. My brother and I have the same era of 911, similar clean records- his insurance is half what I pay (he lives on outskirts of Swindon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom