Classic Car Valeting, Aylesbury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrishazle

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 facelift SLK280 Auto.
For our daughter's wedding in early May I have to arrange valeting of a 1927 Austin Heavy 12 near Aylesbury. Google shows loads of mobile valeters, but all show modern cars. Trixie is anything but modern!

Anyone know someone that can be trusted with this job?

I'll get that sorted if you are interested. I do a lot of Morgans and Infact just had a new Morgan roadster Brooklands edition delivered for the works. Contact me on 07784020218 if you need some help :)

Cleaning an old car is very similar to cleaning a new one. Just remove any power washer from their hands, you really don't want high pressure water getting in to the engine bay.

Apart from that there is no greater skill involved. Just lots more chrome and brass.

Lots of chrome on the Phantom too

Not so much on the CL.

Agreed re the pressure washer - but amongst other things the roof of Trixie is leather (or something) not metal. I'm hoping to find someone who has actually done veteran/vintage (not sure which she is) cars, as the owner is rather particular (ex Model T magazine editor, ex owner of a 1907 De Dion 7.5HP and a few other classics!).

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Michael for this. He recently did the full monty on my Phantom, albeit a new one and not the old one. He will be doing something to my Morgan soon as well but he can tailor his approach to the vehicle in question. He is not too far from you so why not pop over and see him at work. His enthusiasm for his craft is immense.

Trixie lives in Cooden (near Bexhill), I live near Ashford, Kent, and dear daughter lives in Aylesbury but is getting married in Great Missenden. Logistics will be fun! Car owner is getting Trixie transported to a friend's farm 10 miles north of Aylesbury some time before the wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom