Classic MB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Pontoneer

Car
219(W105) 300TE(W124)
Is there anyone else here with classic models ( Pontons , Fintails , Pagodas , New Generation etc.) or is this group just for the modern stuff ie 123's,116's onwards ??

Originally posted by The Pontoneer
Is there anyone else here with classic models ( Pontons , Fintails , Pagodas , New Generation etc.) or is this group just for the modern stuff ie 123's,116's onwards ??
Welcome to the forum! There are several 123 owners (who hopefully will make themselves known :) ), that is nearly as "classic" as we get I think :) . This forum is for any MB owners or enthusiasts, not specifically classic or modern. Heck we even let a few BMW and Porsche owners post too ;) .

The Pontoneer,

Welcome :) As Shude has stated this forum is for all Mercedes enthusiasts both fans/owners of old and new alike. I think the demographics show that the majority of owners have the later models as opposed to the classics though.

However, if hirbod gets a particular motor you may have another classic owner to chat to ;)

S.

Originally posted by The Pontoneer

Hi mate
welcome to the forum, I am hoping to get a classic merc, I cant get much information about what to get as to say what is good as a classic and everything else, what do you know about Pontons as it seems that you own one, I have found one, it seems solid and runs well, what do you think, it was on ebay.
cheers.

Hi Derek

I've got a W114 280E and a W115 200. The best forum I've found for the old stuff is www.mercedesshop.com

Mines a 123, use mostly at weekends - I figured everyone needs a hole to throw money into, this is mine..
Usually have something modern aswell, have owned E's, C's, CLK's etc....

Jay

I've got a '61 220SEb coupe, 1 previous owner 59,000miles in very nice condition.
A '73 230/6 LWB 8-seater, 8 owners, more miles than the Starship enterprise and alot of rust. But keeps going with very little (if not none) maintenance.
I'm also thinking of swaping my E220 for a '82 280SL

Classics

We have a 1972 280E/8 which we have recently bought-2 owners and virtually full history. Midnight blue and cream interior. Fitted MB sheepskins from new.
You can see a very nice 280E with 5 speed used for Classic Rallies at http://www.mbspares.com.au

Warren:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom