Classic Mercedes modified.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
What's your thoughts on modifying Classic Mercs? Are you horrified, is it sacrilege.
Most seem to be just lowered and a nice set of wheels, personally I think they look great, what's your thoughts? :) Here's a few examples.
20210206_160813.jpg20210206_160222.jpg20210206_160135.jpg20210206_160101.jpg

We have this debate on motorcycle forums when people turn beautiful old motorcycles into bobbers. I think it's a sacrilege and the same goes for old classic MB's.

Must say I’m really going off the big wheel, super low profile tyre look, even on modern cars to be honest. Makes the tyre just look a bit weedy. Lowered a bit I think can look good as long as the tyre nicely fills the arch, not disappearing up inside it. Like anything though, whatever floats your boat!

Depends heavily for me on just how it’s done and how far it’s done.
Spent fortunes over the years buying and modifying VW’s. Some I’ve left stock, but most I’ve modded, but sensibly. I like to think I enhanced the look of each car I’ve owned, but boy some out there just look appalling. Each to their own as they say.

Agree with Stratman, but I don't like them. They appear to have no suspension travel unless on air bags.

I like them in many cases, not all. I like the lowered 126 saloon (maroon) at BOTG a couple of years back.

Love a good custom car.
Some of the work done is incredible and they look a shed load better than some of that Carat Duchulet and Brabus stuff.

A member here recently put up some photos of a heavily customised SL Roadster that was jaw dropping.

Most seem to be just lowered and a nice set of wheels
That seems to be a recurring theme of the car scene nowadays - just airbags and a flash set of wheels on [insert car model here].

I'm a fan myself :)

All depends on what is being done though.

Nice set of wheels, and a little drop would be nice, or even a set of bags (I have on one of mine, and its nice to have it adjustable to how i want it to sit) - of course i'm biased :D

I have an R107, which doesn't have the period correct wheels on since i bought it, so waiting for the weather to improve before putting the correct wheels on - no lowering on this car :)

And obviously not a fan of extra AMG badges and bodykits etc, unless its an AMG kit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom