CLASSIC TESLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Auto Trader logo
The first Elise based TESLA roadster is rapidly becoming a classic if prices are anything to go by?
£85,000 :eek:
ps they were £86,950 new in 2010
b2aef62dda914ad8a26288c95edf0d38.jpg

Tesla Roadster (2008) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Mmmmm a 10 year old battery - let me think about that for a microsecond

I'm not sure a pool of 2 is enough to judge true prices by, but classic status is dubious. In the technology driven world of EV where last week is outdated, it's just an old relic whose sentimentality is lost on the youth of today (and therefore the collectors of tomorrow) who increasingly view cars as white goods commodities. Driving is no longer the ticket to freedom it once was, you can get everything delivered/streamed right to your door.

You still can't buy another electric sports car, I have no idea why. An electric MX-5 would be awesome.

Mmmmm a 10 year old battery - let me think about that for a microsecond
If it were a Lexus it (the battery) would still be under warranty....

This shop in Seattle can fix the original Tesla Roadsters that Elon Musk left behind

Given this guy has a whole business of fixing these and given the list of none available parts and lack of dealer support, this thing is truly worthy of the POS label. Thats why the Model S has such quick acceleration.....

I know a few people that own Tesla and they all rant about how cool it is to be able to fix things by just doing a software update and not having to deal with dealers. My first thought was that if you can't take them anywhere to get fixed, then they should be considered only as a lease.
You can't really treat a $100k like it was an old I-Mac.

An ordinary Tesla Roadster sold for £57k at Silverstone last weekend. Alleged to have been the last one sold in the UK.

Isn’t there some oddity that it has to be stored permanently plugged in to the mains?

Blisteringly supercar fast things.

2011 Tesla Roadster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02.jpg

01.jpg

Isn’t there some oddity that it has to be stored permanently plugged in to the mains?

I think that was in reference to not letting the battery go flat - modern EVs have proper battery protection systems to stop you before this happens.

Blisteringly supercar fast things.

Meh, not so much. The originally quoted figure was 4 seconds, but by the time you had the later revision gearboxes that didn't sh*t the bed after a few thousand miles, that had risen to nearly 6. They then got rid of the gearbox altogether for the v2 powertrain and got it back towards the 4 second mark. In all cases the top speed was pretty pedestrian.

Isn't 4 seconds 0-62 quite fast for a silent non-petrol Elise ? As quick as a tuned Elise will go?

(Assuming that this, as the last car to be sold in the UK, would have been the V2 powertrain.)

As for top speed, who the hell actually drives one of of these toys at anything over 100 ? The two owners I knew, back in the day, both lived in South West London, and seldom took their cars beyond the M25.

Fast? Yes, although a contemporary off the shelf Elise was just as fast to 60, no tuning required.

The point of most toys is not necessarily that they do, but that they can. How many Doxa owners actually go deep sea diving?

Wasn't the point of electric cars that they run off almost free electricity, and are claimed to not pollute cities or the planet ? (Who knows if they're also more reliable than the legendary Lotus)

The two Roadster owners I knew wouldn't have bought an Elise nine years ago, it was a more technological brag.

An earlier version of a BMW i8 purchase. Now also available for £50k, at 6 years old.

Auto Trader logo

Myself: I'll stick with a V8. I have no skin in the game.

0bad4bbc21e847beae75dc65d6ce8164.jpg

I read this week that one provider of charging points with the very fast charge rate has changed the way they charge for its use,it seems that charging your car for over the hour to fully charge it costs £43,the car above looks great bit I will never own and run a EV.

And that's still before the taxman steps in for his share.

(Lest we forget the Government take 60p from every litre at present)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom