Classic valuations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dog

Car
BMW 530i, ford focus, Mercedes 300sl, Kawasaki zzr1100
Anyone know where I could get a classic car valuation for my r129.
I'm in South Wales (Merthyr tydfil)

You could try asking for an Agreed Valuation Insurance quote, they may give you a value. I used them when I had my MGB Roadster, Adrian Flux rings a bell.

The Mercedes owners club do it if you can put up with them.

How do I go about do that ?
Who do i ask ?

You'd need to take out membership here. I can't remember the valuation fee exactly, but it's around the £30 mark. If you have no other interest in membership, it's not a cheap way to just get a valuation, but the club does have other values and benefits.

If you insure through ClassicLine they do an agreed valuation for about £25, you have to fill out their form and send photos etc. I had my 968 insured through them for many years, but as a PCGB member I got club valuation for free and ClassicLine accepted that rather than insisting on their own valuation.

Adrian Flux did an agreed valuation on my Merc for £15. I suggested the price and their underwriters got me to fill a form in and take 7 strategic piccies. They got back within the week and agreed my suggestion.
Couldn't have been simpler.

Anyone know where I could get a classic car valuation for my r129.
I'm in South Wales (Merthyr tydfil)

Is this a valuation for insurance reasons? or so you know how much to advertise it at? Both seem to be quite different.

You'd need to take out membership here. I can't remember the valuation fee exactly, but it's around the £30 mark. If you have no other interest in membership, it's not a cheap way to just get a valuation, but the club does have other values and benefits.
To be honest I thought I was a member I payed to member ship fee, can't remember when.
Have you got pay this member yearly ? If you have it may be out of date

Is this a valuation for insurance reasons? or so you know how much to advertise it at? Both seem to be quite different.
Yes it's for car insurance they just want 6 photos and a guarantee value
Just looked at my insurance I got 7 day's which it started on the first of this month so it's looking like I will have to do the guarantee valuation next year.

Last edited:
To be honest I thought I was a member I payed to member ship fee, can't remember when.
Have you got pay this member yearly ? If you have it may be out of date

I think there is often confusion as to which club is which. The club in my earlier link is the official one which has an annual fee. If you had joined previously you would have received a membership card, a monthly Gazette and a quarterly Mercedes Classic magazine.

I think there is often confusion as to which club is which. The club in my earlier link is the official one which has an annual fee. If you had joined previously you would have received a membership card, a monthly Gazette and a quarterly Mercedes Classic magazine.
I thought if as you see I am an active member. How can i check thought I was a member if this is not the case how do I get me member ship up to date

I thought if as you see I am an active member. How can i check thought I was a member if this is not the case how do I get me member ship up to date
In the link I included in my first reply there are contact details and a button at the bottom of the page to become a member. If you are a member of that particular club already you will have been or will be sent a reminder at renewal time. Have you been receiving a monthly Gazette? If not you are either a member somewhere else or they have incorrect address details.

Perhaps you could check your bank account to see when you took out membership?

In the link I included in my first reply there are contact details and a button at the bottom of the page to become a member. If you are a member of that particular club already you will have been or will be sent a reminder at renewal time. Have you been receiving a monthly Gazette? If not you are either a member somewhere else or they have incorrect address details.

Perhaps you could check your bank account to see when you took out membership?
Thanks.....sorted my member ship is now payed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom