Classic vs sport grille on a saloon Merc

Which grille would you like to have on a new saloon Mercedes?

• The sport grille with the big star, but the classic grille should also be offered as an option.

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • The classic grille, but the sport grille should also be offered as an option.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • The sport grille and as far as I am concerned that should be the only option.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • The classic grille grille and as far as I am concerned that should be the only option.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fab1975

Car
C300 Hybrid (W205)
Which grille do you prefer on a new saloon Mercedes (either C or E class) and what options would you like to be available?

Attachments

• classic grille.jpg
    classic grille.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 103
  • sport grille.jpg
    sport grille.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I prefer the classic grille. (I have it <-- see). I think the sport grille is over used and is now becoming a short-lived fashion, whereas the classic grille looks much more exclusive and timeless.

I'm happy for everyone else to keep buying the sport grille though!

No contest for me. One looks chavtastic, the other looks like it belongs on a Mercedes-Benz.

In due course we might start debating why Mercedes UK has decided that the classic grille should no longer be an option on both the C and the E class (the only case in Europe), but at the same time is proud to offer such a classy item as the illuminated star, which hopefully most of us could live without: Mercedes-Benz UK - What?s new - Stand Out With the Illuminated Mercedes Star :dk:

No contest for me. One looks chavtastic, the other looks like it belongs on a Mercedes-Benz.

Agree, the sport grille is best. The classic is chavtastic Ooh-I-own-a-Mercedes but 20 years too late.

Sport for me looks to have much more presence.

Agree, the sport grille is best. The classic is chavtastic Ooh-I-own-a-Mercedes but 20 years too late.

Haha.

One type is fitted to every a class and the other type is fitted to every s class. That says a lot to me.

Haha.

One type is fitted to every a class and the other type is fitted to every s class. That says a lot to me.

Concur. The classic grille makes Es and Cs look like shrunken S-Classes but the sports grille make the E look like a bigger C.

Haha.

I was just teasing. S is definitely only right with classic, actually E too. C better with sport. Horses for courses...

I was just teasing. S is definitely only right with classic, actually E too. C better with sport. Horses for courses...

Horses for courses... and I could not agree more with you ;)

In fact I do not have an issue with the fact that a C63 AMG (which is a proper sport saloon) might have a sport grille with the big star as the only option... but I cannot accept that the UK is virtually the only country in the world where for example even a C200 (which can hardly be described as a wild beast) can only be sold with the sport grille.

Some of us are neither fast nor furious and would like to see the reassuring little star on the bonnet while cruising in style ;)

I prefer the Sport.

When I bought mine, there was another car for sale, even had the panoramic roof but I thought the chrome grille made it look old fashioned and a bit 'old man' so I went for the one with the sport grille. suppose I could have changed the grille and had the pano roof but couldn't be bothered.

I prefer sport as it has a more modern feel and more presence. However, still like the old version which has more old style class for want of better wording?

Classic for me. My first Benz was an 06 plate c180. Underpowered and poverty spec but still felt good to see the star at the end of the bonnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom