Clay Bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Collister

Car
C63 AMG P30, Supercharged Civic Type R Track Car
Can anyone recommend a clay bar to use on my car?

Lots of people seem to recommend a G3 clay mitt as being much easier to use and gives good results.
Sorry no link to the recommendation but am feeling bit rough as recovering after recent prostate removal

I use Bilt Hamber medium clay bars. Other brands are available but I prefer these as they are happy with water only as a lubricant and not an expensive detailing spray.

A useful chart HERE to help you decide which is good for you as they produce it in several compounds.

Lots of people seem to recommend a G3 clay mitt as being much easier to use and gives good results.

I'm not a lover of these things. I have tried them a few times, they're available from HERE amongst other places, though I prefer a lump of clay for the accuracy and it's ability to mould itself to body shapes. They are excellent on glass though, especially windscreens for getting rid of flies.

Sorry no link to the recommendation but am feeling bit rough as recovering after recent prostate removal

Wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

+1 for the Mit but as far as clay bars go i have heard Bilt hamber or Megs Clay bars are good.

I genuinely use white tac and haven’t seen the benefit of branded clay bars over this

+1 for Bilt Hamber Medium clay. Doesn't require and special lube, just water and a splash of detergent.

What's the quickest, dirtiest way to wash and dry your own car without leaving bloody streaks everywhere.

I'm not into polishing and waxing stuff anymore, I just can't be ****d. I also don't trust our local eastern european chaps to not pressure wash my paint off.

+1 for a clay mitt

What's the quickest, dirtiest way to wash and dry your own car

Bucket o’ dutty watter an’ an’ ol’ rag

without leaving bloody streaks everywhere.

Why is there so much streaky blood on your car?! :eek:

I'm not into polishing and waxing stuff anymore, I just can't be ****d.

Erm........, be ****d?

I also don't trust our local eastern european chaps to not pressure wash my paint off.

Don’t blame you, but it doesn’t look like you have many options!! :)

Bucket o’ dutty watter an’ an’ ol’ rag

Why is there so much streaky blood on your car?! :eek:

Erm........, be ****d?

Don’t blame you, but it doesn’t look like you have many options!! :)

Lol

I was just wondering if there was some wonder product where you could hose down, wash with said wonder product, hose off the soapy bits, quick once over with a drying towel and off you go.

It'd be a 15min job then!!

Lol

I was just wondering if there was some wonder product where you could hose down, wash with said wonder product, hose off the soapy bits, quick once over with a drying towel and off you go.

It'd be a 15min job then!!

Lol, I hear you brother! Tis a tad time consuming.

Back on topic, I have only used meguires clay bar too, with theirs and different detail spray and get good results.

i use the autoglym kit

Cheers guys what is the best compound to go for soft medium or hard clay?

I mainly use Soft to Medium, depends on level of contamination, the more aggresive the clay bar the more risk of marring which can result in a requirement to machine polish to remove the marks.

+1 for Bilt Hamber :)

+1 for the G3 Farclea Clay Mitt. have used it and can say it is an excellent product. Just remember with both clay bars and clay mitts, make sure the surface is very well lubricated otherwise you could mess up your paintwork and create more aggravation for yourself.

Also link for Clay Mitt below:

Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt

Another for the G3 Mitt and Bilt Hamber for fiddly bits - Like Wheels - Am I OCD????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom