Clay cloth to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nixy

Car
Mercedes C220 AMG Sport Plus
Could anyone recommend a clay cloth to buy? First attempt so prefer not to use a clay bar as I know I'll definitely drop it.

Farecla G3 available in Halfords £12.99 iirc.

But you don't use the whole bar so if you do drop it just tear off another piece you will have loads of it for future clay's.

Tony.

I wouldn't personally go back to a ' bar ' since using a cloth . As op says you don't necessarily use a whole bar, cutting in to smaller sections but I find that a pita.

The clay mitt is far easier to use and keep lubricated.

Farecla G3 available in Halfords £12.99 iirc.

Nice...thanks for info. Also good to know I can pick up from local Halfords.

And the clay mitt took 10 minutes for the whole car instead of 90 for the bar.

I have a megs clay bar I've been to scarred to use (who has the time??), but the G3 Mitt looks a complete no-brainer. Is it really as effective though?

+1 on the G3, easy to use, much quicker than normal claying, but it may be useful to have the traditional clay bar for tight spots.

Just make sure to follow up with a good polish to remove the marring, and then wax on top ;-)

How often does the G3 clay mitt need rinsing if indeed that's the way to keep it effective? Can you visually tell by sight or feel after use?
Also lubricating it, can clean soapy water be used for this?

Neither. Mate used this spray on my car (will find out its name). Basically spray on car wait for a few minutes and watch all the partials turn purple, sort of chemical reaction.
Spray off, done. Paintwork like glass.

Clay is a thing of the past.

Neither. Mate used this spray on my car (will find out its name). Basically spray on car wait for a few minutes and watch all the partials turn purple, sort of chemical reaction.
Spray off, done. Paintwork like glass.

Clay is a thing of the past.

Do you mean something like, Auto Finesse Oblitarate or Carpro Iron-X. I use the Carpro Iron-X and Carpro Tar-X in preparation prior to claying, wouldn't say the clay thing has had its day just yet.

Do you mean something like, Auto Finesse Oblitarate or Carpro Iron-X. I use the Carpro Iron-X and Carpro Tar-X in preparation prior to claying, wouldn't say the clay thing has had its day just yet.

As I mentioned not sure of the name but its a lot quicker than a clay bar with the same results.

How often does the G3 clay mitt need rinsing if indeed that's the way to keep it effective? Can you visually tell by sight or feel after use?
Also lubricating it, can clean soapy water be used for this?

I think it is good for 10 cars. Yes use normal car shampoo in warm water as lubrication.

I think it is good for 10 cars. Yes use normal car shampoo in warm water as lubrication.

Super thanks.
It doesn't require doing every week right? Is it more a yearly, half yearly treat thing?

Super thanks.
It doesn't require doing every week right? Is it more a yearly, half yearly treat thing?

As long as you clay it well and then polish, seal/wax the finish will last for a long time, probably a year, depending on miles driven and road conditions.

This is getting a lot of positive reviews. OK, I've got to try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom