Clayed and DA polished....what now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Just spent the last few evenings claying and DA polishing my car. Pretty pleased with the results as it has removed a lot of the scratches and marks in the paint. I have now bought some Poorboys black hole glaze and some Nattys blue paste wax, as recommended for black cars. I really like using AG SRP and love the feel of the paint after using it. Is it ok to use SRP, then black hole and top it off with the Nattys wax? Or will the SRP be a poor base for the glaze to adhere to?

BH has less filler than SRP, as you have already polished I'd personally not use the SRP this time and go with BH and your wax.

Hope that helps.

BH has less filler than SRP, as you have already polished I'd personally not use the SRP this time and go with BH and your wax.

Hope that helps.

Will give it a go. Thank you

A good rule of thumb is never use more than 2 products as an LSP, look at most pro write ups and they will basically "seal" the paint for protection, then either use another synthetic wax on top or finish with an expensive natural carnauba wax for gloss and depth.
To be honest you are just wasting your money by adding a third step here.
The AGSRP and Poor Boys black hole are kinda two of a kind, with the first probably having more fillers in it.
If your happy with the AGSRP I would simply stick with that!
Have you tried "Topaz" from Autosmart as a top coat glaze, you will not be dissapointed in the gloss it gives, and good on protection too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom