clc 200cdi auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tarantini

hi guys, newbie here
i will be getting my first merc at the end of july. its a new clc 200cdi sport auto, and i have a few questions that you chaps may be able to answer.

1. am i going to find this a little slow in comparison to my rover 75 cdti? i was pleasantly surprised with the rover,s performance when i bought it but am a little bothered that the merc may be sluggish in comparison. does the cdi have a turbo? and if not, why not?

2. i have had to have a car that is fitted with the telephone pre wiring. is this any good and do you have any good contacts for the cradles? i cant believe that they dont include your first foc!!! the basic bluetooth to radio seems to be a better option, as me and the missus will have to buy a cradle each, or get the same phone!!

anyway, your input would be very much appreciated.
ta
tarantini

Performance isn't usually the top argument when buying a with a 200CDI engine. This one does 0 to 100 km/h in 11,3 seconds (or 11.1 with an auto tranny).

Bluetooth should be best if you have different phones. I understood you were considering an after market head unit (I'm not familiar with the CLC but according to the German price list radio does not seem to be standard on this car? I cannot comment on after market options.

Can you stretch to a 220Cdi, it offers better performance, drivability and economy.
I doubt the Rover was any quicker as that is powered by a downrated BMW 2.0 litre.

i did have a c180k sport auto on order, which should have been delivered end of this week, before i got let down. so my choice was start from scratch and wait til sept delivery, or take a look at what was available. the 0-60 does seems to be about the same as the rover 75, but with no turbo!!! i dont understand how that could be. i am not looking for "break neck" speed, but want to have the confidence when over-taking

the c220 would not have made real sense with the price of diesel and the fuel consumption being as per the c180 (give or take) so the c200 was an happy medium as i will be doing quite a few miles per annum.

Who has told you the 200Cdi doesn't have a turbo.? It does.
As far as the 220 goes you would find it more economical than a 200cdi and a 180k just isn't in the running.

You can also buy an upgarded Buetooth cradle, which would probably be better than 2 seperate cradles.

David

i was told by 1 no. merc salesman and 2 no. lease companies. i suspected that it would have one but the cdi instead of the cdti description kind of suggested that they were right. merc dont seem to shout about it too much do they? i have not seen one report that mentions the turbo, either by merc or the indipendents.

your info has made me feel much better about my choice mate, so thanks for that.

if anyone has a good link with spec inc the mention of the turbo, i would be interested to read it. i have a mate that would also be interested before he dicides which way to go.

once again thanks for the confirmation.

bluetooth cradle

how does the upgraded blutooth cradle work and can you buy from anyone else besides mercedes.

i have had a blutooth parrot at the mo and its brill. they are only £99.00 fitted now so are real value.

i have been told that the standard spec includes bluetooth to the radio as standard, except when there is a pre wire installed

The turbo is a smaller device and the fueling is reduced to give lower performance, otherwise it's the same engine as a 220Cdi.

As far as performance and economy go the 220 CDi is really the best of the bunch and a 180k the worst.

See HERE

As far as the information you have been supplied the leasing companies know nothing about the product, it's just a money transaction, and the salesman.....was he awake and were his lips moving...'nuff said ;)

#
Note the performance figures. The 180k is 0.3s quicker 0-62 than the 200 Cdi given that you are gunning the **** out of both cars and the 220 Cdi leaves them both trailing.
In gear figures will be quicker for the diesel due to the additional torque and economy is no contest.

Last edited:
That gives them a lot in common with most car salesmen then. On quite a few occasions I have gone into showrooms after doing initial research on a car and then asked what I thought fairly simple questions only to be met with a gormless, blank stare.

I can remember going into a VW dealership and asking how much they'd give me in px on a Passat 2.5 V6 TDi, to be told that they had never made such a car - I had bought it new, driven it for 15 months, and it was sat outside at the time.

Last edited:
right muppets

i know that now mate, tbh the i was a car by the guy, who told me it was the sport, but even i knew it was an se (smaller wheels and cloth/artico) so i kinda switched off after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom