CLC 2011 ELECTRIC MIRRORS NOT FOLDING.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
Hi. The electric doors mirrors on my son's clc won't unfold and are stuck in the folded position. I can manually unfold mirrors up so car is drivable, but they won't lock into position and when knocked or on the motorway would probably move. The buttons on the dash switch will only fold mirrors no matter which button you press. A new switch pack has been fitted and mirror fold on lock is enabled in convenience menu I have also tried the various resetting methods described online. The mirror glass on both sides can be adjusted and mirror indicators work fine, so it's a mystery why the mirrors have suddenly stopped folding as they were working fine till a few days ago. All the relevant fuses are fine. So if anyone can help it would be appreciated, or a wiring diagram for the mirrors would be helpful.
Boxer

The typical issue on the W203 (and the CL203) is broken wires inside the loom at the base of the mirror, though you'd expect them to go one at a time, instead of both failing at exactly the same moment.

The typical issue on the W203 (and the CL203) is broken wires inside the loom at the base of the mirror, though you'd expect them to go one at a time, instead of both failing at exactly the same moment.
Yep that's what's baffling me, both mirrors fold in ok but won't unfold. Let's see if anyone else has had this problem.

Yep that's what's baffling me, both mirrors fold in ok but won't unfold. Let's see if anyone else has had this problem.
Just a quick update, after reading about this problem on another forum I found the remedy, the mirrors are now folding on locking and unfolding after unlocking. I unplugged switch pack and linked terminals 2 and 5 on the plug this unfolded the mirrors and I assume reset the mirrors. I think the secondhand switch assembly I fitted is faulty, I haven't pressed the fold or unfold buttons on switch YET.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom