CLC Coilovers Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lsaxh78

Car
CLC
Hi Guys,

I know this is a question that has probably never been asked before but I was wondering if anyone can recommend any coilovers for the CLC Kompressor?

I have looked online and have only found KW's priced at £1100 and Bilsteins priced at £1200...

That is a bit steep for me and am thinking more around the £5-600 mark... On most other cars that will get you a set of Weitec or AP's, but as the CLC's aren't a common price they are more expensive due to the demand....

Any ideas? Thanks.

Or not specifically the CLC.... As I know it is based on a W203 C Class- Will regular C Class suspension fit?

Have you looked into suspension for the C-class Sport Coupe? I believe that was the pre-facelift naming convention for the hatchback style C-class. H&R list the Sport Coupe but jot the CLC.

Sorry I can't help on a lower cost option.

Hi All,

I'm still looking to add coilovers to my CLC.

I have found KW Variant 1's for the CLC but they are £1096..... A bit steep but I know KW has the best rep. AMD in Essex are doing a fitting deal as well ATM but its a lot of money.

I have found FK Highsport's for the C Class Sport Coupe for £379 but when I asked about they CLC they said they thought they were different.

Cam anyone confirm that the Sport Coupe and CLC suspension is the same? I'm tempted to take a chance on the FK's but want to avoid disappointment naturally. Any help?

Thanks in Advance.

I would use the best quality you can. The cheap coilovers leak and give a poor ride.

Stick with Bilstein or H&R.

The Bilstein P14 coil-overs Olly fitted to my S203 were an excellent choice. Easily adjustable, good ride and looked stunning (IMHO ;) )

What are you trying to achieve with the coilovers?
Don't go for price only on any suspension component as quality and safety is utmost.
Assume you're tracking the car as coilovers don't do much for normal driving.
Stay with KW's or Bilstein..
Merc uses a specially designed KW on the Black Series.:thumb:

You have a great deal of engine torque in your application which agreed would show a difference in suspension performance.

Not sure if a CLC-K would realize much change in handling on the street compared to the cost involved to do it correctly with quality product.

I would think a more cost effective B12 would give similar results on a lower powered car ?

Last edited:
I just want to lower it on a nice set of wheels. Get it sitting and looking nice- Purely for cosmetic reasons. I don't mind if it affects performance.

It won't be tracked or driven hard- It is purely a cruiser. My last car was a 414bhp BMW e92 M3- I know the CLC will never be a performance car so I just want it to look nice.

The issue is the cheap kits leak very quickly.

Why not a 40mm spring kit instead?

The issue is the cheap kits leak very quickly.

Why not a 40mm spring kit instead?

I have seen H&R springs yeah but in the past I have had springs and not always been happy with the drop.

Eibachs on my BMW 330ci convertible dropped it lovely but AC Schnitzer springs on my M3 gave a less satisfying drop....

I will give all the options careful consideration- but the other original question- Is the sport coupe suspension the same as the CLC? I'm 99% sure it is but need to know regardless of the route I take.

Thanks for the replies all the same.

The Bilstein parts catalogue shows different part numbers for their kits depending whether CLC or Coupe

The Bilstein parts catalogue shows different part numbers for their kits depending whether CLC or Coupe

I guess they must be different then.....

Unfortunately people haven't modded CLC's so its a gamble.

H&R Kit is perfect for the UK roads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom